Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Shibuya afternoon

8 2,299
Hot Pepper, the free magazine by Recruit for restaurants
Hot Pepper, the free magazine by Recruit for restaurants

Great weather today and the crowds were out in Shibuya. As well as the many couples, tourists and others, the Hot Pepper mascot was out and about encouraging people to take a copy of the free restaurant guide.

There are many popular places for marketers to be passing out free samples, magazines or tissues. Directly in front of Tokyu Mark City is one of them.

MARK CITY. Entrance for Inokashira Line, Shibuya Station
MARK CITY. Entrance for Inokashira Line, Shibuya Station

The contact lens market must be quite competitive at the moment. I always see the Acuvue guys handing out material on the weekend.

ACUVUE contact lenses
ACUVUE contact lenses

Escalator going up to MARK CITY. Popular !
Escalator going up to MARK CITY. Popular !

Recently, there have been a large number of film crews on location at the Shibuya crossing area. Some filming, like the BBC crew for dannychoo.com, or others just taking still photos. The area seems to be growing in international appeal. Maybe Shibuya city should consider some sort of organization to help people film it in a similar way to how New York has done for its popular sites?

Looking to get a shot of the crossing on another perfect Shibuya afternoon
Looking to get a shot of the crossing on another perfect Shibuya afternoon

1. maru says

Shibuya crossing was featured in the recent environmental movie "Home", if I'm correct.. Don't think there's another crossing with that much people ^^;

1. Numer0bis says

yeah it really looks crowded 😀

2. whipcracker says

What a facinating city you live in. Glad to see the city used in movies, wasn't "The Fast and Furious" partly filmed there? The shopping areas around there always look so clean and the people always look like they are having a good time, amidst all the hustle and bustle.
    Even though I don't live there,…wish I did, it would really be nice to have an organization to promot the various areas of Shibuya:).
    As usual another great article.
    Till Conbini Monday,hopefully with Rilakkuma along,
    Ja mat neB)

1. Shibuya246 says

Thanks. Rilakkuma is warming up the conbinimonday as we speak !

3. Father_Jack says

I just posted up some Shibuya photos from a trip I took there in '07. http://www.staxbros.com

1. Shibuya246 says

Thanks. I'll take a look at those now.

4. Tiffatron says

shibuya is my favourite place on earth – can't wait to get back. i stayed in mark city (excel) and these pics made me feel all nostalgic and remember my awesome adventures there…. the day i first discovered foodshow in the basement of mark city was a happy happy day indeed! ;)<3

1. Shibuya246 says

Foodshow in Tokyu is one great place. I normally buy bread from Andersen there and never manage to leave without checking out other items. 😀