Image default

Shibuya Advertising, Okonomiyaki

img_2249-1Advertising outside Shibuya station. Guess what I am having for lunch after seeing this? What’s your favorite Japanese lunch? Let me know in the comments below and we can compare notes.

Related posts

Meiji 56 Chocolates

Shibuya246

Suica x Matsuya

Shibuya246

Donut Cafe

Shibuya246

15 comments

leeling May 6, 2009 at 7:32 am

my favourite japanese lunch.. haha..sandwich!! haha..:D

Brenden May 6, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Definitely Okonomiyaki. A wonderful restaurant near school has the best Okonomiyaki special every wednesday…

Then again, it's possible I'm being influenced by the advertising :p

Shibuya246 May 7, 2009 at 4:02 am

This billboard ad really has a big influencing effect doesn't it. I felt happy eating my okonomiyaki after seeing it.

KItoramu May 6, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Tried it last year at this restaurant. Love it! Some friends and I also made it by our self, which was also pretty nice ^^

Shibuya246 May 7, 2009 at 4:04 am

I am surprised it hasn't caught on more overseas. There are many different versions and types of it in Japan. Kansai in particular, has good variations. Thanks for dropping by. 🙂

Jerry May 7, 2009 at 12:23 am

I like udon noodles anytime, I like many other more traditional food.

Shibuya246 May 7, 2009 at 4:04 am

udon noodles good for lunch any day. Thanks:p

Father_Jack May 7, 2009 at 1:13 am

I'd have to say curry from CoCo Ichi. Or gyoza from Ohsho. Or MOS Burger… Dang. Now I'm all homesick for Kyoto.

Shibuya246 May 7, 2009 at 4:05 am

Yes, CoCo Ichi. Good pick. or a spicy MOS Burger. Time for you to get on a plane back to Kyoto 😉

Shibuya246 May 7, 2009 at 4:07 am

I like to buy a ham and cheese sandwich from Andersen bread shop at the bottom of Tokyu Dept, Shibuya station. Or a katsu-sand from Maisen. Their head store in Omotesando used to be a public bath B) (sento). Very tasty food.

Prometheus May 7, 2009 at 6:16 am

Yeah I am a huge Mochi Cheese Okonomiyaki fan. The okonomiyaki with the smiling face is really appetizing but the other one doesnt look to good to me…

Shibuya246 May 7, 2009 at 8:59 am

Yes, the raw egg might be tough to stomach, but the mayo on the left with the smiling face was marketing genius.

Tiffatron June 15, 2009 at 4:47 am

love love ♥ okonomiyaki!
…and gyooza…and mos burger…. AND THOSE PORK CUTLET HORSERADDISH sandwiches you get at train stations and combini!! ♥

i also frequented yoshinoya – a local friend informed me it was more of a masculine 'truck drivery' kinda place to eat (i wondered why i didnt see too many young ladies in there ha ha…) but i didnt care it was very cheap and delicious!!

Shibuya246 June 15, 2009 at 6:10 am

okonomiyaki is a good meal anytime isn't it? Yoshinoya is cool also, particularly when you are on the run. The Yoshinoya clientele have changed quite a bit recently with more women prepared to stop in for a bite. 🙂

Shibuya246 June 15, 2009 at 6:10 am