Image default

Conbini Monday Wk18

A fine selection of food to make me feel better
A fine selection of food to make me feel better

After getting a temperature of almost 39c, I decided to send Rilakkuma out to pick up some supplies. Since we have a Typhoon coming in as well, the local convenience store seemed the perfect place to visit, not too far and lots of choices.

Salmon Ochazuke
Salmon Ochazuke
Instructions on how to make the ochazuke
Instructions on how to make the Ochazuke
Rilakkuma testing the Ochazuke for me
Rilakkuma testing the Ochazuke for me
Umeboshi Onigiri
Umeboshi Onigiri
Hot Lemon with Vitamin C from Calpis
Hot Lemon with Vitamin C from Calpis

All good foods to help me recover from a bad throat.

Related posts

Conbini Monday Wk34

kimonobox

Conbini Monday Wk3

Shibuya246

Conbini Monday Wk71

Shibuya246

8 comments

Kuroshirohaiiro August 31, 2009 at 3:25 pm

its great to get conbini monday on a sunday night…ah america

shibuya246 August 31, 2009 at 4:06 pm

yes, its hard to decide whether to pitch the conbini monday to Japan or US time. I try to get it out after lunch in Japan where possible. πŸ™‚

Numer0bis August 31, 2009 at 9:12 pm

looks delicious. Especially the Ochazuke. What are those bean – like yellow things on top of the rice.

shibuya246 August 31, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Those are γ‚γ‚‰γ‚Œ, arare、sort of like the stuff that osenbei is made of.

whipcracker September 1, 2009 at 1:22 am

RT @Shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk18, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/9zr
You must have posted the conbini article after I went to bed, and that was at Midnight, central time.
sorry to hear about the fever. In your other article, I had to look up the word febrill, never heard that word before. But it’s good that you have trusty Rilakkuma to help you out. πŸ™‚ Great stuff he picked out, just the right things to make you feel better. He’s truely a great friend. I know you”ll get much better with his help, Take care.
Btw ken leewrites in his article http://tinyurl.com/mr73ww Kirin makes autumn flavored beer, wonder what that tastes like?

shibuya246 September 1, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Those beers look really interesting, but I probably not in the ber drinking mood right now. Thanks for link. πŸ™‚ I didnt know what febrile was either, but figured from the Japanese that was me.

Kelbs September 13, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Ah – those are ochazukes…. i was wondering what those were. Im still learning hiragana here n there, and couldnt recognize the first character. Out of curiosity – do you mix the content of the package with hot tea? or just hot water?

erly December 6, 2009 at 6:04 am

I have tried that brand of ochazuke in Seattle, they sell it at Uwajimaya. I like the umeboshi flavor!