Tokyo Snow

Snow coming down heavy on the crossing

It was snowing in Tokyo today. I was out this morning and took these shots of Shibuya. The snow kept falling until evening when it became a bit more like rain, but it has not settled yet. Maybe over night we might have more. Tomorrow morning might be a snow blanket !

I took these photos as HDR images, 5 shots of varying light (-2 -1 0 +1 +2) range and then combined them together. Even on a dark day there is enough colored signage for Shibuya to look wonderful and bright.

A bit too wet for football today

A little bit of a dark image across the train lines andbuildings

A few umbrellas speed across the crossing

Down on street level with the umbrellas

Always busy in Shibuya

23 thoughts on “Tokyo Snow”

1. att says:

ah the moving umbrella ground shot is awesome looking! where are you to get those high up shots looking down at the crossing??

1. Shibuya246 says:

From the hotel near the crossing

2. Olgitosk says:

Fantastic to see it!!

3. As always very nice pictures. I also like the effect of the colorful umbrellas during the different exposures, it gives a clean look of movement.

4. goukaseishi says:

Absolutely amazing shots, the first few don’t even look real. Where is the point you took the first shots from, I didn’t know where to go to take an aerial picture when I visited Shibuya in January! :(

5. Shirokij says:

Would like to be here some day and cross it a couple of times!

6. Shirokij says:

Wow! Playing some football on a roof^^

7. Shirokij says:

What a nice photo! Liked the sky color – weather impression is so vivid!

8. Shirokij says:

Impressive! The pics are so good! Would like to have one or two as wallpaper.

9. Ryudo says:

I really love the last picture in this post.
    Do you have a higher resolution of this? I so want to make this my Desktop Wallpaper

10. Doug Brahm says:

Shutter speed 1/125? Is the umbrella movement an HDR artifact?
    Love the series

1. Shibuya246 says:

Thanks. It is a set of 5 photos taken at differing light for the HDR. Shutter speed would have changed for each one. I try to keep the ISO at 200 when I take HDR, but dont worry about that on normal shots. The day was a bit overcast, but still managed ok without a tripod.

I am visiting Australia later this month and will take some photos there also for a change.

Thanks for commenting :)