Early Morning Ebisu Walk

aa

The subway was just getting started

I was up early and decided to take a walk around Ebisu and towards Naka-Meguro. It was dark at the start and without a tripod some of the photos were a bit shaky as I was taken 5 frames for each photo to merge in HDR. Maybe next time I should take the tripod.

Some stores were still open from the night before

Some stores were still open from the night before

The makings of an nice day

The makings of an nice day

A little bit of character about this vending machine trio

A little bit of character about this vending machine trio

Walking back up this hill soon warmed me up

Walking back up this hill soon warmed me up

These were a bit rushed in the cold and without any planning. I might try and find a good place to capture the sunrise with Tokyo scenery in the background. Does anyone know good places?

10 thoughts on “Early Morning Ebisu Walk”

1. lithiumangel says:

Your getting pretty good at this HDR thing ! Loving it 🙂
    I already commented on one of the shots on Flickr; don’t think about getting a Tripod *smack in the head* totally not needed; just ramp up the ISO as you were still on 200 according to Flickr so you still had plenty of room to go up 🙂 ! The sky is the limit ! Well.. ISO 6400 is the usable limit *lol*

Keep up the good work 🙂

1. Shibuya246 says:

Thanks. Yes, I tried some HDR the other day, but had the ISO around 3200. The results were not very good, too grainy. It looks like the noise in HDR is one of the big problems, so keeping ISO to around 200 is the ideal. I prefer not to have a tripod 🙂

1. Maybe a monopod? A bit more stability and it’s less cumbersome when compared to a tripod. I’ve been thinking of getting one myself.

Your HDR is getting more subtle, really good photos!

1. Shibuya246 says:

Thanks. A monopod might be a good idea. I’ll check into that 🙂

2. ben1963 says:

Wonderful pictures as usual. I really enjoy coming to your site and seeing your amazing pictures

1. Shibuya246 says:

Equally nice to see you here. I will try and get out this weekend for more pictures.

3. Ceri Storey says:

For the record, a tripod will also allow you to take long-exposure shots too, which can be useful for making people “vanish” in crowded spaces, or for those washy-looking water shots.

1. Shibuya246 says:

Yes, I would like to try some long exposures as well. Some photos of car lights on freeways or just people walking would be interesting.