Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Tokyo Sunset

8 6,648
Shibuya Sunset
Shibuya Sunset

There are a number of places to see a great view of Tokyo City from high up. One of those is Roppongi Hills. In the evening you can see the sun setting over Mt Fuji. It was a bit cold today, but I thought it might be a good chance to catch Mt Fuji with a clear sky. There was a little bit of cloud around but otherwise the view was quite nice.

Must be cold working this job in the evening
Shibuys246 straight ahead, Shinjuku to the right
Shibuya246 straight ahead, Shinjuku to the right
Heading to Shibuya and beyond
Heading to Shibuya and beyond

[mappress mapid=”63″]

1. autaku says

Lovely photos. I want to go to Roppongi Hills around sunset on my next trip to Japan; being open-air makes it a bit more ideal a destination for photography than Tokyo Tower or the city hall towers.

1. Shibuya246 says

That’s for sure. It costs either 1,500 Yen or 1,800 Yen, depending on the package you choose, to go to the 52Floor (indoors) and then another 300 Yen to go outside on the higher helipad floor. It is worth going outside.

2. Shibuya246 says

New Planaterium in Shibuya, Sakuragaoka-cho

3. Stephanie12 says

Are these HDR images? Some parts of the photos look rather glowy. Like the policeman in the 2nd photo 🙂

4. Tristan says

Absolutely stunning photos. What effect are you using to draw the colours out like that?

Again, brilliant photos that make me yearn to go back! Bring on June I say!

1. Shibuya246 says

These are HDR. Some are done with a single photo, others with 5 photos then merged. There were no tripods allowed so it made things a bit more difficult. I use photomatix for the merging.

5. orangeseki says

Great photoset!! I went here when I was in Tokyo last April, but I didn’t go to the outside deck. I’m definitely adding this to my rapidly increasing list of things to do when I return though.

6. geranun says

Great View !! I will go to see it by my eyes.