Conbini Monday Wk56

These Pasta sticks looked like Pretz but also looked different. Anyone tried them? Black seafood and Peperoncino were on offer at my local conbini.

It seems difficult to go into the convenience store and not find something new. Every week there is a new product release from most of the familiar brand names. There is new coffee, new purin, new sweets and plenty of new crackers. It is hard to remember the products that have disappeared from the week before, the ones that didn’t make the grade! What favorite products do you have that used to be sold in the convenience store, but now cant be found?

While I was out taking photos at a friends party, I came across this set of chocolate sticks for Cheeba-kun.

Macadamia cookie or Almond crunch, hard to decide which one to get.

Macadamia cookie or Almond crunch, hard to decide which one to get.

More variation for the takenoko no hoshi snacks. Macadamia twist and different packaging on this one.

The 'boku no oyatsu' brand has a lot of choice, but the plain packaging always makes me feel like the food is going to taste like plastic. Andoro-yaki could be good though.

More 'boku no oyatsu' to choose from.

More 'boku no oyatsu' to choose from.

These mango throat sweets looked like a good way to get better quick.

These mango throat sweets looked like a good way to get better quick.

As the weather comes into the rainy season, people are catching colds again. Throat sweets are ready to cash in.

16 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk56”

1. Orchid64 says:

I’ve been eyeballing those Ta Pasta snacks for review since they showed up a brief while ago. I’m still considering them. I don’t think I’m brave enough to try the squid ones, but the pepperoncino ones look good. Still, another stick-based salted snack always looks better in principle than the experience ends up being in practice. I have a sense that this will just be another pretzel in disguise. 😉

I agree. It is hard to break out of the pretzel mold here. 🙂

2. munkhjapan says:

takenoko no hoshi looks tasty. I bet you bought one. ~.~

Those look like churros.
    By:Whipcracker

These look like a stack of pancake sandwiches.
    By:Whipcracker

These all look like plain generic packages. But looks like a good variety. Like the old saying “Can’t judge a book by the cover”

RT @shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk56 http://bit.ly/duf7Pp Another monday morning adventure, to start the week. still having problems w/ internet explorer saying can’t open your site. Keep having to use the back button and refresh to keep it active. Wish I could figure out what’s causing this. Seems like you’ve been really busy lately, have missed your Shibuya photo walks and other great articles. Alot of tasty products in this article, how many did you buy? Most of my comment were made on the photos. Just wish we could get those at our conbinis. Will have to go to world market to see what they have, but they are always more expensive 🙁
    well have a good week, and hope to see more features.
    your friend in Texas,
    Leo

Thanks. Will try to get away from my computer keyboard and take some photos as well. We are coming into the rainy season now, so things will look different. Shibuya Streets in the rain coming up. 🙂

7. Neksus says:

Had troubles connecting here for 3 days, hopefuly I made it on monday for the conbini week 🙂

I disagree about ta pasta snacks, I’d try the black seafood eyes closed.
    Or maybe I’m just low on japanese crazy food?

Glad you were able to connect eventually. Thanks

1. Neksus says:

I need my fix once a week 😉

8. perdomot says:

Umm, this gives me the impression it came from some place unmentionable

Cheeba-kun does look like he is sporting a bit of a bulging stomach doesn’t he 🙂

9. R80286-8 says:

only 178Y about 2$ us?

that’s right. looks like good value

10. Aux says:

It’s only just occurred to me that Chiba-kun is shaped like Chiba-ken.