Conbini Monday Wk54

Family Mart has a campaign on showing candy from all around Japan, from Hokkaido to Okinawa.

After being back in Australia for 10 days, it was nice to arrive home last night in Tokyo and go straight to the conbini to pick up a couple of onigiri and a bottle of Pocari Sweat. Here are some snacks that had popped up in my local convenience store today which caught my eye.

These cheesecake tasting panda snacks are made from Hokkaido cheese.

These cheesecake tasting panda snacks are made from Hokkaido cheese.

Kabaya had a huge hit with their caramel melts. This version is made from Okayama's peaches.

Havent seen this color on almond chocolates before. Meiji breaking some new ground for marketing?

Chiba potato chips.

Chiba potato chips.

Cookies and cream is always popular for icecream. Lotte try it out here with their Crunky chocolate product.

This packaging for Meijis business man banana flavor yogurt really caught my eye. Need to remember, yellow packaging stands out strongly!

The very popular chipstar get a shoyu flavored makeover.

The very popular chipstar get a shoyu flavored makeover.

Ready for summer, this cool blue packaging wraps up some limited edition yakisoba.

Japanese marshmallows with azuki beans from Hokkaido. Looks more like mochi, but I havent tried to be sure.

The colors on the coffee and yogurt drinks always remind me crayons. The pastel colors seem to blend really well, ad there are not many bold designs.

Custard puddings have been appearing in many different flavors. This new product from Morinaga is azuki and custard pudding. Could be very tasty!

Liked the look of these cafe au lait, apple and honey, melon au lait, strawberry, milk tea and orange drinks.

Dakara has been a favorite of mine for a long time along with Pocari Sweat. Looks like Dakara has a new packaging at the moment. I hope it continues to sell well. For a while a few years ago it disappeared from my local convenience stores. Lets hope its here to stay now.

some colorful looking Hawaiian water. Is this a sign I need a trip to Hawaii? Could be.

An (azuki bean) donuts. One of my favorites, but I prefer them fresh rather than packaged. Andersen Bakery make a great an donut.

With summer almost here, the ice creams are getting stocked up. These lemon squash ice blocks look a treat.

There is always Camembert cheese ice cream if you want something a bit different.

Or a choco bari to round off your dessert menu.

Or a choco bari to round off your dessert menu.

Has anyone else seen some great new conbini snacks recently?

17 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk54”

1. Orchid64 says:

The marshmallow cakes with red beans are indeed marshmallows – very good high quality marshmallows that are super soft. I’ve reviewed the lemon, chocolate and white bean ones before. Also, “Chocobari” is excellent!

Recently, I tried the “buttered toast” Country Ma’am cookies and they’re not bad. Certainly they’re worth a sampling for the novelty.

time for me to make a late night trip to get a chocobari šŸ™‚

2. Sara Mari says:

The cheese cake panda cookies are very yummy, but there’s only 4 in the package so you can never feel satisfied haha!

All the red bean products look great, red bean is one of my favorite flavors. Especially the custard and red bean pudding looks really interesting! I want to try that for sure.

3. Aux says:

Camembert icecream? Oh, Japan <3 Also, every post you make reinforces my love of conbini fridges…

4. Tristan says:

I could never get my tastebuds around Pocari Sweat…same for the Aquarius. Those choco bari look pretty good though! Cant wait for next September…..Ill be (hopefully) back over there and I can go nuts in the combini!

5. Everything looks so tasty, i want to try all of it! Especially puddings!!
    I’m more hungry now.

6. Ben Gentry jr says:

I really enjoy this site.all of these foods make me want to visit Japan so I can try them out. I am able to get some different flavors of Pockey here in Maryland where I live but the other things look like stuff that I would like

RT @shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk54 http://bit.ly/cjVpr9 Great to have you back. Always a great way to start my Monday. Did Rilakkuma miss you while you were gone. Just spoke with a friend of mine from singapore who was also in Austrailia last week also. And she said the weather was quite cool for her especially living in singapore where it’s always quite warm. Everything does look quite yummy. Cambert flavored ice cream…hmmm only Japan. Always great packaging techniques over there. the local 7-11″s over here are teaming up w/Zynga, the social game site on FaceBook to offer products that you buy and redeem the codes for prizes to use on their games. wish my phone had a camera so I could take pictures to show everyone. Will you be posting any photos of your trip? Looking forward to them if you do.
    Well soory for being long winded, but it’s good to have you back. Looking forward to more great features. šŸ™‚

Thanks. It’s great to be back. Rilakkuma thought about jumping in the suitcase but changed his mind when he saw me packing golf clubs šŸ™‚ Only took my small camera to Australia but may have a few photos I can pull out. Weather was a bit cool in Australia and rain as well.

8. AkuNoHana says:

During my trip to Japan last summer I drank some Pocari Sweat when I was really desperate but I don’t think I could ever get used to it.

9. perdomot says:

I got hooked on C.C. Lemon this last trip. Tasty and lots of vitamin C to ward off colds in those packed trains. Welcome back dude.

C.C. Lemon. nice šŸ™‚ Thanks

10. amity says:

i’m loving the saku saku panda cheesecake and the hawaiian drink looks so beautiful šŸ™‚

11. Karo says:

Ahh, that’s such a cool theme!! I’m so in love with conbini products. It’s a lovely way for me to see Japanese package design and to see what kinds of foods are available around the world. Seriously, it is so different from Canada. You basically will see a design make over every decade or something here. Every Conbini Monday I want to visit Japan again more and more *__*

Very glad you like it and hope you get a chance to come over here soon. The conbini is a cool place to hang out šŸ™‚

12. Neksus says:

I’ll probably be in China in october, I really hope for a jump to Japan… so close… so close…

13. J Drama says: