Donut Cafe

Nice look back at the cafe through the Sakura tree.
Nice look back at the cafe through the Sakura tree.

I visited this donut cafe, Marui-to that had opened a while ago in Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya. They make the donuts on the premises and have many different variations to try. The donuts are small so you can select a few ^^.

The ground floor is where they make the donuts, with seating available on the second and third floor.
Plenty of donuts and pastries. The shapes reminded me of a small Mr Donuts store.
The Sakura are not quite fully out yet, but it wont be long now.
The Sakura are not quite fully out yet, but it wont be long now.
Inside the store, they even have a microwave so you can warm things up.
Inside the store, they even have a microwave so you can warm things up.
Maruito
Maruito
The store is close to the station just across the 246 road in the Sakuragaoka-cho area.

Are you a donut fan?

12 Comments on this Post

1. Hi, long queues prevented me from trying the donuts in Shinjuku. BTW, if you don’t mind a suggestion, perhaps you could blur out the faces of people in the photos ?

• I try not to focus on faces too much, and take the photos with people side on or from behind if possible so as not to highlight distinguishable features, but I also don’t edit the photos after I take them apart from cropping. If anyone is in a photo and asks, I will gladly remove it.

2. whipcracker

A taste of New Orleans.
    by:whipcracker

3. whipcracker

Everything looks so peaceful and serene.
    by:whipcracker

4. whipcracker

http://bit.ly/agm45J yes I am a big donut fan. To many to choose from. I miss the bakery from back where I grew up. We would call up and order our bread and donuts and then go and pick them up. What wonderful aromas would come from that shop, breads, donuts, sweet rols and cakes. Fond memories of my childhood. We have donuts shops all along the highway not far from us. 4 w/in a short distance, but they all offer the same thing, no variety. The nearest Dunkin Donuts is about 15 miles away. We also had a Mr. Donuts back home miss that store. All the different varieties. And it was only 1 block down from our bakery we went to.
    Yes soon all the sakuras wil be in bloom. And everything will be covered in pink blossums. And then you will have many photo sessions w/the Sakura. Isn’t there a festival coming up to celebrate the Sakura Blooming?

5. Oh yes, I am a donut fan! Thanks for doing a write up on this place, I would love to check it out in May^^

6. Sakura trees are gorgeous!
    I don’t like donuts, but they seem delicious (and cute) in the pics!

7. More donuts please! It looks like you just stood in the entrance without actually sampling the delights inside. ;)

8. Beautiful pictures. I wish I was there.

9. Silron'Zem