Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Japanese Ramen

11 3,201
Nothing like a good bowl of hot ramen in the middle of a winter matsuri. Lots of concentration required to down this when the crowds are around you.

On my trip to Akita-ken I captured this guy sitting in the middle of the road with the matsuri going on around him, downing a hot bowl of instant ramen.

I bet you would like to be eating a bowl of this wouldn't you?
I bet you would like to be eating a bowl of this wouldn't you?
The dancing horse
The dancing horse

What is your favorite ramen flavor?

1. micky2be says

I’m a chashu ramen fan, but I select my ramen more by shop than by flavor.

1. shibuya246 says

I think the shop here was probably “the local conbini” 🙂

2. 808armada says

For me nothing beats good ‘ol fashioned shoyu ramen with char sui and egg. ^_^

3. Kesenaitsumi says

If you mean real Ramen then Chasyuu Ramen
    If you mean Instant then it will be Seafood flavour Cup Noodle. ^^

4. achiisan says

It seems like the guy really enjoys his ramen on a winter day. And whats that on his forehead? Artificial sweatband?

5. whipcracker says

Japanese Ramen, Japan Living http://bit.ly/bIuarG I’ve only eaten the instat variety and chicken flavor is my favorite. Have never had the real ramen before. Have to find a good restrauant around my neck of the woods first. And that is a strange place to be eating a bowl of ramen. Around here he’d be told to get out of the road.

6. perdomot says

My fave is miso ramen but I like shoya too. Got a local store that carries the Sapporo brand which is so much better than the usual local ramen with american flavors like chicken and shrimp.

7. HELLOSHEENA says

I love ramen!

8. kenguie says

Wow, u’re allowed to sit anywhere and eat? Seems like a cool guy to me ha ha. I like my own ramen, in the US, we don’t really have any good ramen places with real flavors and no msg, i use some siracha hot sauce and a little salt and pepper. I’m a purist 🙂

9. Andrea Watt says

My favourite is geki kara ramen in shoyu base with a serious kick of chilli oil and shichimi togarashi sprinkled on top & Asahi beer on hand to wash it all down. Yuuuuuummmmmmm! Hungry now!

10. janine says