Conbini Monday Wk43

Suica Penguin working for Lawson

Suica Penguin working for Lawson

This conbini monday falls on the 1st day of March. I can’t believe 2 months of 2010 are already gone. Another month and we will be 25% through the year. Wow!!

Lawson are promoting their Ponta point system. What happened to using the Rilakkuma brand? Where did this new character come from?

Rilakkuma candy on hand for sore throats.

Rilakkuma candy on hand for sore throats.

These look interesting. Green tea milk

These look interesting. Green tea milk

As well as the new food and drink, there are always some old favorites to fall back on.

There is always lots of good action in the Pocky corner

There is always lots of good action in the Pocky corner

Some new fran and toppon to try

Some new fran and toppon to try

Kinako mochi chocolate bread. what a mixture.

Kinako mochi chocolate bread. what a mixture.

Some tasty looking monblanc with a well known face on the top.

Some tasty looking monblanc with a well known face on the top.

Pirikara Tofuchige. Sounds like it might be a little spicy!

Pirikara Tofuchige. Sounds like it might be a little spicy!

Edo style soba from Nissin.

Edo style soba from Nissin.

Maxim have this new cafe latte out for adults. wonder what the children get to drink?

ok, should have guessed. here is what the children get. lined up under the cafe latte, morinaga mami- milk

I took a look at Tsutaya DVD rental recently and spoke with some of their staff about ways to improve their store for foreigners in the area.

Tsutaya have a in store video rental box in this Family Mart store.

Tsutaya have a in store video rental box in this Family Mart store.

1,000 DVD's to choose from in the Tsutaya box

1,000 DVD's to choose from in the Tsutaya box

Looks easy enough to rent and return here.

Looks easy enough to rent and return here.

A few treats for the upcoming hina matsuri. cotton candy and sweets.

A few treats for the upcoming hina matsuri. cotton candy and sweets.

Do your conbini’s have an equally good stock of new products each week?

16 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk43”

1. Orchid64 says:

I keep picking up that Tirol kinako mochi bread and thinking about buying it then putting it back after I look at the calories. :-p

I want to try it, but I know it’s a carb bomb!

It does look like a heavy snack doesn’t it πŸ™‚

2. Tristan says:

DROOL!!!!!!!!!!

And at that price, double drool!!

3. Tristan says:

LOL….’a taste of the bread’

4. Tristan says:

What flavour is this again? I had some in Kyoto and remember (vaguely) that its quite sweet

1. Kris says:

It looks like bread that I special order and sometimes pick up at an asian market: Melon bread. It is sweet and tastes heavenly warmed up a bit πŸ˜€

5. Tristan says:

I like the idea of a DVD box…I assume it dispenses the disc and when you are finished, you return it to the box?

6. Exiv96 says:

What on earth is this purple stuff !?

And who’s the well known face ?

7. Karo says:

I wish convenience stores in Toronto had decent food.
    It’s the same things constantly and just collects dust. I wouldn’t buy anything
    from conbini around me because it is likely close to its expiration date πŸ™
    I used to looove buying from conbini in tokyo when I was there!
    The purple dessert looks very interesting! I’ve only seem polymer clay mini
    models of that kind of food, but haven’t actually seen the real thing. Have you tried it?

Conbini Monday Wk43, Japan Conbini Monday http://bit.ly/aafpZz Haven’t checked my local7-1 in a while. What happened to Rilakkuma and Lawsons/ thought they had a contraact for his products. need to protest to get him back in their stores. here’s a link via kimonbox on Mt blanc desserts. http://kimonobox.com/post/en/4711/marron-cakes/ I told her they looked like cakes with a mound of noodles on top and a egg yoke in the center. But the ones you show have purple colored noodle toppings. They do look yummy though. Hard to comment on food when your stuffed after a mexican lunch of puffed tacos and chile con queso, and a Pina collada to wash it down. need a nap, lol.
    There a company called “RedBox” that’s putting machines in all the different stores around. Put your money in, and take the movie out. Most of the time all the good movies are already rented. But it’s a good alternative if your in a store and need a quick movie to watch.

Still looking at that business venture, I told you about. What about drop shipping, is that a possibility?
    Well have a great week.
    Sorry for the long speech.

9. perdomot says:

Love the weekly combini reports as I really enjoy checking out the things in them when I visit Japan. Only thing I can’t figure out is onigiri. Haven’t found a way to tell what’s in them without buy one so how about any onigiri primer article next?

onigiri coming up next week πŸ™‚

1. perdomot says:

Thanks man! πŸ™‚

10. David P says:

Those Milk Fran sticks are tasty. The box is deceptively big though – there are only 9 sticks (3 packs of 3) inside.

11. HELLOSHEENA says:

My country is a little boring when it comes to snacks. lol Although there are a few things I have to like.

12. Janet Hurley says:

About Tsutaya Box, I’m really digging Redbox in the US. It looks like Tsutaya’s concept is basically the same, but Tsutaya has so many selections! I live in a small US town (50,000), and Red Box has taken off like wildfire. With Netflix and Redbox, I’m wondering how long Mom and Pop video stores can hold out. Love your pictures. Best regards from Kentucky.