Hot Ginger drink

Plenty of ginger here to help clear my cold.
Plenty of ginger here to help clear my cold.

Right now I have a cold so my best friend, apart from Rilakkuma, is ginger. I like to have a warm drink in winter, but am not a coffee fan, so hot ginger is a good way to heat up when the body has gone cold.

Rilakkuma cup
Rilakkuma cup

I never really liked English tea or coffee, but when I first came to Japan I tried hot oolong tea and green tea. I liked both of these immediately and only recently started drinking English tea.

What is your favorite hot drink?

21 Comments on this Post

1. I love Milo! Or just tea~

2. I love tea, mostly black tea, but really all kinds. However, nothing beats coffee in the morning or hot chocolate at night.

3. I’m not a big Western coffee/tea fan either, though for some reason when I’m in Japan I drink UCC. Maybe it’s the combined novelty of coffee in a can and getting hot drinks out of vending machines. I also really like the hot lemon drinks in Japan as well!

Vending machines aside, I love green tea and don’t mind a bit of oolong tea. I’d like to try a hot ginger drink, since I love ginger ale.

• Hot lemon drinks are good too. I like to buy hot drinks out of a vending machine just to warm my hands up. When the lemon drinks get cold they taste a bit tangy. I found hot yuzu really nice even when it gets cold :)

4. whipcracker

Hot Ginger drink, Japan Food http://bit.ly/atMrMj Sorry to hear you’ve got a cold. Tis the season for it. Anything w/ginger in it is good. I drink way to much coffee. But I do like orange/spice tea by Lipton. And I also love hot chocolate, especially w/marshmallows and whipped cream. At least you have Rilakkuma there to help out. :) Gotta do everything you can to take care of yourself.

5. Neksus

Good recovery!

Used to drink coffee like water but quit along with tea. Now I drink milk, or with honey if I need extra to fight the flu/cold/sore throat.
    I loved tea, strong black tea…

6. Get well soon :)
    I like to drink hot water with ginger, lemon, and honey when I’m feeling sick. My favorite hot drink is hojicha or roasted barley tea.

7. I have this cup too ^_^

8. Yes, hope you get better soon! I also have a rather nasty cold and as I write this, I have my English tea sitting next to me just waiting to be drunk :)
    I enjoy many kinds of Tea and am willing to try new ones as well, but my old standby is English tea with cream and sugar ^_^

9. perdomot

Recently got addicted to the english tea Danny Choo likes called PG Tips but I drink green, white and oolong tea as well. Always buy a big bunch of stuff in Yokohama to take home.

10. There’s a hot drink using grated roast ginger with pandan leaves, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and bit of salt in it. But that might be too spicy (don’t like it either).
    For hot drink, I prefer chocolate, and recently cammomile tea, taste lighter than black tea. But when having cold, I think I just drink water a lot.

Get well soon :)

11. tea for me, mainly flavoured teas (cinnamon….mmmmmmmmm and strawberry!)…recently got into Chai tea which is really nice! Highly recommended (I believe you can get it starbucks in a latte form if you cant find it at a cafe)

12. Ben Gentry jr

My favorite hot drink is Ginger tea. It helps calm an upset stomach and also soothes a sore throat

13. A company here where I live makes Ginger Ice Cream and it really is the best. Love it!

14. I also like green tea.

in the first picture,it seems that your Rilakkuma also wants to have the hot ginger drink!

maybe you could share a cup of the ginger drink with him next time~ ^____^