Hot Ginger drink

Plenty of ginger here to help clear my cold.

Plenty of ginger here to help clear my cold.

Right now I have a cold so my best friend, apart from Rilakkuma, is ginger. I like to have a warm drink in winter, but am not a coffee fan, so hot ginger is a good way to heat up when the body has gone cold.

Rilakkuma cup

Rilakkuma cup

I never really liked English tea or coffee, but when I first came to Japan I tried hot oolong tea and green tea. I liked both of these immediately and only recently started drinking English tea.

What is your favorite hot drink?

Judy says:

I also like green tea.

in the first picture,it seems that your Rilakkuma also wants to have the hot ginger drink!

maybe you could share a cup of the ginger drink with him next time~ ^____^

shibuya246 says:

I think he took a sip when I wasn’t looking ;)

HELLOSHEENA says:

A company here where I live makes Ginger Ice Cream and it really is the best. Love it!

shibuya246 says:

Ginger Ice Cream sounds fantastic. Where can I find it?

Ben Gentry jr says:

My favorite hot drink is Ginger tea. It helps calm an upset stomach and also soothes a sore throat

Tristan says:

tea for me, mainly flavoured teas (cinnamon….mmmmmmmmm and strawberry!)…recently got into Chai tea which is really nice! Highly recommended (I believe you can get it starbucks in a latte form if you cant find it at a cafe)

Seika says:

There’s a hot drink using grated roast ginger with pandan leaves, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and bit of salt in it. But that might be too spicy (don’t like it either).
For hot drink, I prefer chocolate, and recently cammomile tea, taste lighter than black tea. But when having cold, I think I just drink water a lot.

Get well soon :)

shibuya246 says:

haven’t tried pandan leaves before. Sounds interesting.

perdomot says:

Recently got addicted to the english tea Danny Choo likes called PG Tips but I drink green, white and oolong tea as well. Always buy a big bunch of stuff in Yokohama to take home.

Kris says:

Yes, hope you get better soon! I also have a rather nasty cold and as I write this, I have my English tea sitting next to me just waiting to be drunk :)
I enjoy many kinds of Tea and am willing to try new ones as well, but my old standby is English tea with cream and sugar ^_^

shibuya246 says:

Hope you recover soon too. I will race you to get better. Your English tea against my ginger ;)

janine says:

I have this cup too ^_^

janine says:

Get well soon :)
I like to drink hot water with ginger, lemon, and honey when I’m feeling sick. My favorite hot drink is hojicha or roasted barley tea.

shibuya246 says:

yes, hojicha is good too.

Neksus says:

Good recovery!

Used to drink coffee like water but quit along with tea. Now I drink milk, or with honey if I need extra to fight the flu/cold/sore throat.
I loved tea, strong black tea…

whipcracker says:

Hot Ginger drink, Japan Food http://bit.ly/atMrMj Sorry to hear you’ve got a cold. Tis the season for it. Anything w/ginger in it is good. I drink way to much coffee. But I do like orange/spice tea by Lipton. And I also love hot chocolate, especially w/marshmallows and whipped cream. At least you have Rilakkuma there to help out. :) Gotta do everything you can to take care of yourself.

auTAKU says:

I’m not a big Western coffee/tea fan either, though for some reason when I’m in Japan I drink UCC. Maybe it’s the combined novelty of coffee in a can and getting hot drinks out of vending machines. I also really like the hot lemon drinks in Japan as well!

Vending machines aside, I love green tea and don’t mind a bit of oolong tea. I’d like to try a hot ginger drink, since I love ginger ale.

shibuya246 says:

Hot lemon drinks are good too. I like to buy hot drinks out of a vending machine just to warm my hands up. When the lemon drinks get cold they taste a bit tangy. I found hot yuzu really nice even when it gets cold :)

Orchid64 says:

I love tea, mostly black tea, but really all kinds. However, nothing beats coffee in the morning or hot chocolate at night.

I love Milo! Or just tea~