Conbini Monday Wk42

Giant packs of kinoko no yama and some Big Apollo as well. Oldies but goodies.

Giant packs of kinoko no yama and some Big Apollo as well. Oldies but goodies.

I took a few photos of the Yokote convenience store on my recent visit to Akita-ken. The photos in the store I had on my iPhone and have shown some here. The photos outside were on my Nikon camera. The outside photos I already downloaded to my hard disk and last night it broke. I can’t boot my computer up today and am trying to retrieve the data so until then the iPhone photos are all that is left. The in store photos give a good look at some of the snacks available, so hopefully you can enjoy.

The Premium Single chocolate with Madagascar Milk and Dominican Bitter.

The Premium Single chocolate with Madagascar Milk and Dominican Bitter.

Plenty of chocolate snacks. I grabbed a few of these for the train ride home.

Plenty of chocolate snacks. I grabbed a few of these for the train ride home.

EVA snacks for watching the movie with.

EVA snacks for watching the movie with.

That looks like a bottle of expensive champagne lying on the shelf in this convenience store.

the glico cow gets in on the act here for some banana ' lait chocolate snacks.

the glico cow gets in on the act here for some banana ' lait chocolate snacks.

Cafe 'o lait chocolate snacks from Glico.

Cafe 'o lait chocolate snacks from Glico.

Nice cookies.

Nice cookies.

Carubonara tasting potato chips. I should have bought a pack of these when I saw them. They were in the conbini at Yokote, but I bought some different chips instead. Still wanting to know what these tasted like if anyone has tried them.

Some of the great and famous from the Meiji Era shown here in a collectors box.

Some of the great and famous from the Meiji Era shown here in a collectors box.

Fuwamaki from Borubon giving you a coffee and milk roll cake. I like the picture of the cow.

If I can get the other photos of my hard disk I will post them next week.

Karo says:

WOW!! Those are some big snack boxes. CRUNKY! I fell in love ever since I saw KAT-TUN do
a commercial for it. haha. I really love looking at all the interesting packaging from Japan
because I’m studying graphic design and want to go into package design. The bear chocolates look
so adorable! :)

ParAbnormal says:

Oh man that’s so cool GIANT APOLLO! I WANT THAT XD! And now I finally know the Japanese name of what’s called ‘Chocorooms’ in America XD I get them at this store called the World Market and they have alot of Meiji products, and the きのこの山 have ‘Chocorooms’ written on them in gold in English XD wahaha I’m tickled pink about this! OMG THEY COME IN REVERSE FLAVORS TOO? SWEEEET! XD

whipcracker says:

Conbini Monday Wk42, Japan Conbini Monday http://bit.ly/a964Va A different bunch of products from the conbini from your trip. And that bottle of Dom Perigon what is something like that doing in a conbini? 21000 yen is that the price? Those ghana chocolates you had in another conbini article. Gotta get me some of those Evangelion chips, it’s my favorite anime, i also have some of their figures. Calbee sure does make a great tasting chip. Loved the ones you sent in the conbini box, nom,nom,nom! I’d have to get 1 of each type of product, because of the great things you have introduced myself and all the loyal readers of your great blog. :)
Sorry about your hard disk. Where you able to get a replacemrnt in Akibahabra? My wife and I will never trust Dell again, they’er cust service sucks. imo :(
Have a great week!

locohama says:

Cant believe they had Dom Perignon in a combini! That’s bizarre…
rock on!
Loco

yonasu says:

Haha what the hell is a bottle of Dom Perignon doing there? Maybe someone from the staff is trying to sell it :P

santa says:

do you take this picture hidding your camera? or they don t mind someone taking picture? I tried to take a short video in a lawson recently, but the staff were looking at me like I was a thief, or something like that, so I didn t do it ^^

Kesenaitsumi says:

Wow… Lots of snacks I never seen before at my local Convinient store here. Especially the Premium Meiji Chocolates

Orchid64 says:

I was eyeballing those Fuwamaki cakes (they also have relatively low calorie counts for a cake) and the premium chocolates, but didn’t take the plunge.

I strongly recommend the Lotte Carmelizer chocolates. I reviewed them quite awhile back and they were super!

Tristan says:

Only in Japan!!

Renechong says:

That’s one big kinoko no yama and apollo! I would get the giant kinoko no yama if they have it here haha. I’m curious about the taste of the mentai cabonara chips too. Its hard to imagine chips tasting like cabonara.
Hope that you’ll be able to boot your computer and retrieve your data soon =)