Yokote Yakisoba

The welcoming committee at the local Yokote train station. The sign says "Welcome to Yokote, the town with kamakura and yakisoba"

On my recent trip to Yokote I tried the local delicacy of Yokote Yakisoba. It is yakisoba with an egg on the top. Tasty ^_^.

As well as for their kamakura snow huts, Yokote is also famous for its special style of yakisoba. I can't find my photo I took when I ate yokote yakisoba for dinner, but here is a pack of corn snacks I bought in yokote yakisoba style.

I have lots more photos of the Yokote trip including some of the Akita Shinkansen and others of the Bonden festival in Yokote. I should have them sorted out soon and will post them also.

What types of yakisoba have you tried?

janine says:

I ate some yakisoba from Shirokiya, in Honolulu, for lunch yesterday. I would like to try yokote yakisoba..is the egg what makes it yokote-style?

whipcracker says:

RT @tweetmeme Yokote Yakisoba, Japan Food http://bit.ly/bfofCM Another thing to put on my list of things to try. Have only had ramen noodles. Can’t wait to see your other photos. Wouldn’t mind trying the corn snacks though. Are those just sold locally?

achiisan says:

We used to eat instant yakisoba (with full of MSG content) usually the spicy flavor. Wonder what yokote yakisoba (the true yakisoba) looks like?

achiisan says:

*tastes like…?

shibuya246 says:

It tasted ok, but a little bit rubbery :)

achiisan says:

hehe.. the noodles available at our chinatown is also rubber-ish and we usually use it on pancit- a yakisoba-style noodle full of veggie topping and chicken strips that we inherit from chinese people.