Japan Sunset

The ferris wheel at Rinkai Kasai Koen makes a nice backdrop for this photo

The ferris wheel at Kasai Rinkai Koen makes a nice backdrop for this photo

As the sun sets you get a nice shadow cast across the ground and sky fades from blue to orange.

On the way back from IKEA to buy a bookcase for my room, I took these photos from the window of the JR Keiyo Line as it sped its way towards Tokyo back from Chiba. These were all taken near the Kasai Rinkai Koen area which is one station down from Tokyo Disneyland at Maihama.

You can see the camera info if you click on the menu over the photo. Could you guess what camera I took these with?

The sunlight through the clouds gives off a warm color in contrast to the dark ground.

Do you have beautiful sunsets in your part of the world? Where do you like to go to most to see the view when the sun goes down?

15 thoughts on “Japan Sunset”

1. Nick says:

Very nice. I notice you’ve added voting buttons to each photo. They all get a thumbs up from me! 🙂

Thanks Nick 🙂

2. kenguie says:

Awesome photos, I love seeing the sights of Japan, a place I have yet to visit.

3. achiisan says:

Loved the sunset, the scenery is good and the photos are just great! Me too i’ll put thumbs up ^_^

4. Al Case says:

Is that Mt. Fuji in the background?

I think it is, but I wasn’t sure. Wish I had my 300mm lens and Nikon with me and that I was sitting on top of the train. Then we would know for definite 🙂

5. Steve Law says:

I can’t believe you can get such amazing views on the train! Amazing 🙂

Thank you. The LCD screen on the back of the LUMIX camera is actually not very good. I don’t think it is as good as the Canon G10 / G11 Powershot. So when I took the photos I didn’t think they were that good. When I got home and looked at them on the PC I was very happy. For an inside train snap in the afternoon light the LUMIX did a great job.

6. Brother Baye says:

Awesome pics as always Shibuya. Love your work!
    Loco

Thanks. I often take a look at your blog also and enjoy reading what is going on 🙂

RT @tweetmeme Japan Sunset, Japan Trains http://bit.ly/9iAxXG As they say in Texas.
    the stars at night are big and bright. Deep in the heart of Texas. To see a great looking sunset all I have to do is go out on my balcony and see a very large sunset. But your photos always bring out the best in everything. Only wish I had a camera to show you what they look like.

For sure. Wish we could see some of your sunsets too 🙂

8. HELLOSHEENA says:

I can see it from my house so I don’t have to go anywhere.

9. auTAKU says:

Lovely photos! I like sunset photos with industrial silhouettes.

10. hydersaab says:

e give thanks to the smog here in LA only for the awesome sunsets they give us.
    combine the vivid colors in the sky with the ocean and that makes for a visual delight.
    here’s one i took from my cell phone a year ago, from the 101 freeway.
    [img]http://shibuya246.com/wp-content/upload/la sunset.jpg[/img]