Kimura Kaela – 5 years

Kimura Kaela, Shibuya

The color on this billboard was a real 'shocking pink'. I couldn't believe how bright it was. When I saw it in the viewfinder I thought it would come out average, but the pink really shines. A bit too bright for me.

Kimura Kaela has a new album out tomorrow and the posters are already up in Shibuya to promote it. As popular as ever, Kimura Kaela is taking Shibuya by storm, appearing on the main digital billboards as well as the Shibuya Station main area.

A nice day out today compared to last nights snow.

A nice day out today compared to last nights snow.

There are a number of digital screens in Shibuya around the crossing area. This is a small one.

This is the large digital billboard on the Tsutaya building, showing today, Kimura Kaela.

This screen has been around for a while also. It normally plays music clips and some adverts.

Do you know Kimura Kaela? What type of Japanese music do you like to listen to?

12 thoughts on “Kimura Kaela – 5 years”

1. lithiumangel says:

Hmm i’ve never heard of Kimura Kaela before. Anything you’d recommend 🙂 ?
    I do listen to roughly 40% of the time to Japanese music, various genre’s. Prominently on the top of my head are: Himawari, Sawa, Headphones president, Dr Usui, Ikio Ayeka, Immi, Giriguamesh and many others 🙂

2. Sara Mari says:

I think Kaela is totally cute and I love her style, but her music is not my type sadly TT She’s already been out for 5 years? Why is everything out to make me feel old recently >< haha

1. lithiumangel says:

After coming home from work and freely Youtubbing Kaela I have to agree with your train of tought. Kaela’s insanely cute, and on her live vids she shows more spunk and personality than the avarage crop of J-singers on stage, buuuuut . I don’t like her music that much ^_^; Out of 9 songs give or take I youtubed, I only liked one. . . so yeah.

Great blog b.t.w Sara, I should start clicking on Shibuya246 followers links more often 😛

I put up some YouTube links last time I wrote about her, but the video on youtube seems to have disappeared. A lot of her songs are a bit boppy, but that certainly still sells in Japan 🙂

1. lithiumangel says:

*gasp* I am ashamed of myself for not remembering/reading the last time you wrote about her :-O I’m not the loyal Shibuya 246 reader I tought it was ? Time to rectify that tomorrow by going trough the backlog archives ^_^ !

It does seem like a very quick 5 years doesn’t it?

RT @tweetmeme Kimura Kaera – 5 years, Japan Music http://bit.ly/9ReioO Have never heard of Kimura Kaela b/f. That billboard is getting to be as popular on you site as the Shibuya Crossing is. Great, but it seems like softbank has paid a great deal to keep their ad on the billboard. It’s like they’re the main ad and everyone else is the filler ads. Yes the pink on the bottom ad is quite bright, but the pink color on top seems washed out.

4. Sebastian Quevedo says:

What a color..! Nice pics!!! I have never heard of Kimura Kaera, but I like to listen L’Arc-en-Ciel.

5. Her song “Happiness” is awesome, but unfortunately I haven’t listened to much of her discography. This best album should be a good way to catch-up!

6. lumiere says:

totally luv Kaela.. She’s adorable and unique. I find her music fun and interesting.

7. HELLOSHEENA says:

I have a couple songs by Utada.