Conbinbi Monday Wk38

I have had a few hot dogs in different countries, but never tried an Egg Dog before. Anyone seen egg dogs in other parts of the world?

Some interesting items this week with a few combinations of different ingredients. Senbei with plum, noodles with cream stew and egg dogs.

Bakauke senbei has been a hit for a long time.  This pack has ume flavoring. nice.

Bakauke senbei has been a hit for a long time. This pack has ume flavoring. nice.

This R-1 yoghurt by Meiji seems to be a popular item at the moment. I have seen it in a few conbini's. Maybe the red packaging just makes it stand out more.

A nice little snack here to help your afternoon work speed on. Cho-pan from meiji.

Cup Noodle with a difference. This one is a white cream stew noodle. I have had white cream stew chicken a lot, but never thought to mix noodles with it.

The caramel version with this packaging were a very popular item. This time around it is rich and smooth chocolate in the wrapper.

Some dark vinegar noodles from Ajinomoto, limited edition for this season.

Some dark vinegar noodles from Ajinomoto, limited edition for this season.

If the egg dog above wasn't enough to fill your hunger, why not try one of these Banana sticks ^^.

A classy looking box of chocolates to find in the conbini. These Charlotte selection from Lotte should go down well, but there are only 6 pieces in each box.

27 thoughts on “Conbinbi Monday Wk38”

1. krySal says:

heyyy im just new & love this all conbini idea tho .. im not sure i get how it works!!
    can u help me pls?

Sure. Every week on Monday I go to the local convenience stores and check out what products they have. Sometimes I see something during the week and capture it just in case it disappears later. On Monday I write up all the treats and goodies that have been found and share them with you. I sometimes get to taste the products also ๐Ÿ˜‰

A while ago, one of the members suggested I give them a taste of the treats also, and so I put together a Conbini Box, one for USD50 and one for USD75 that people could order.

are good to take a look at to see what went on back in December.

I am planning to do another Conbini Box soon. I think most of the Conbini Box 1 packages have now arrived safely.

Let me know if that helps. If there is anything you want specially let me know and I can take a look. Last time I ended up spending more than people actually paid. The postage was the main problem. It also took me about 20 visits to collect all of the stuff. Looking for the last pack of wasabi crackers when they appeared to be all sold out was a real struggle. I almost gave up and then found one at the last minute. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Tristan says:

LOL…I was cleaning out my bag from Japan (thought I should put it away after 3 months!) and I found a couple of packets of the pure candies secreted in a pocket…SCORE!!!!

Dont know about the banana stick but the eggdog sounds interesting

The Cho-pan looks pretty interesting as well

if you left the banana stick in the bottom of your bag for 3 months, it would definitely not be a score ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Neksus says:

Definitely not helping my mid-morning hunger…

I have a checklist one mile long for stuff to try at conbinis, if I ever go to Jp.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Tried the dorayakis, and had soba for the 1st day of the year (Izumo-Soba), delicious.
    Still have rice for onigiris.

Keep some space on that list. I think we can find some more items for you.

4. Sara Mari says:

That banana stick rules, I just love those castella filled with white beans and banana flavor! Hehe^^ Of course all the chocolates and sweets look so yummy, I think I would most like to try the dark vinegar noodles.

5. rob7138 says:

Note to self…one huge suitcase for conbini and Rilakkuma goodies. ๐Ÿ˜‰

At least one suitcase, maybe 2

6. lithiumangel says:

Oh my ! The white cream stew cup noodles sound very interesting. I simply love Meiji stuff. R-1 and Cho-pan look very interesting ๐Ÿ™‚

If you pack some of thr perishable treats like this and the banana sticks in dry ice ,I’ll do the taste test.
    whipcracker.

LOL. That was one of my worries last time. Would anything go off or melt ๐Ÿ™‚

8. lithiumangel says:

P.S. Egg dog ? … It’s probably the typical hot-dog bread filled with some sort of omelet or something I imagine. It wouldn’t be bad if it was just the saucave + a bit of omelet ontop but if it’s just omelet only. Meh ? Especially since it’s going to be not fresh/hot in the package.

The price of these chocolates =yen1 per piece. Seems a bit pricey.

You never know, it might taste pretty good w/noodles.

I think I tried something like this way back when I went camping at school. Sort of a mixture of everything thrown into the pan after a long day of walking.

RT @tweetmeme Conbinbi Monday Wk38, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bit.ly/89UzEI Are these from the conbini in your new area? Meijii sure seems to have it’s hands in alot of different products lately. Maybe the yougort is just for a specific time period, not really fond of the stuff, every once in awhile though. It’s good to see some different types of products, and will look forward to many more great conbini Mondays.

These were from a mix of 7 Eleven and Family Mart, one in Shibuya and one in Shinagawa.

12. notyetalotus says:

That banana sticks look yummy. And those elusive wasabi chips were worth the find too. It was great. Look forward to your next conbini box offer, sorry you put out more than expected. I hope it’s a consolation to know that I really enjoyed my box and still am.

No problem. It was fun to put it together and allow people to get involved. I am starting the work for the next one. Glad you are still enjoying the Conbini Box.

13. Orchid64 says:

I haven’t tried the “egg dogs” because those conbini bread things are so high in calories for their size. I sometimes am gob-smacked by the high counts on some of pastries (around 500 for some of the worst ones).

The bakauke sembei are fabulous. I think they make some of the very best out there (along with Kameida Seika).

14. baskoro says:

Olympic sponsor?

Looks like the official 5 rings for the Olympics. The words above say ใŒใ‚“ใฐใ‚Œ๏ผใƒ‹ใƒƒใƒใƒณ “Go Japan” and below I think I can make out the JOC Official something partner wording. Japan Olympic Committee. Maybe this is the for the Winter Games about to start.

15. HELLOSHEENA says:

Egg Dog sounds yum! I finished my snacks already. Didn’t take long. lol

Oh no, you need a refill ๐Ÿ˜‰

16. krySal says:

sweety, thanx so much for ur reply! i read it, just wasnt able to write u back before cos i’ve been sick.
    if u do another conbini box thing, im totally in it *_____* this is so nice, and cool, of u! i understand this must be terribly hard for u.
    the one thing i really really miss from tokyo are Pockys ..especially apple and strawberry and cappuccino… oh gosh *______*
    one other thing i really miss its freshly made (or even supermarket) onigiri รฉ.รจยฐ but i think they’d be quite hard to ship XDXD

love as always,
    Sil

17. D123451 says:

LOL it all sounds yummy~~ i reali wanna eat all of them esp the egg in a roll aka egg dog i guess..

ps i’ve tried Senbei with plum(actually i always get it in SOGO in HK in my holidays… different make) and noodles with cream stew(with chicken bits… prob not the one u have in the pic) but they’re all very yummy~~~~ ” )*