Anpanman Museum

Jan 12th, 2010

Had a great day at the Anpanman Children’s Museum with my sisters children. The museum is near Landmark Tower in Minato Mirai, Yokohama. There is lots to do for the kids with a restaurant and shops as well. Probably worth a half day trip if you are in town.

Anpanman on the left.

Anpanman on the left, shokupanman on the right.

Characters outside the Anpanman museum

Characters outside the Anpanman museum

Entrance to Anpanman Children's Museum in Yokohama

Entrance to Anpanman Children's Museum in Yokohama

Welcome to the Anpanman world.

Welcome to the Anpanman world.

Characters inside the museum.

Characters inside the museum.

Anpanman characters on the farm.

Anpanman characters on the farm.

Nice detail in these displays.

Nice detail in these displays.

Lots of greens being harvested here.

Lots of greens being harvested here.

Looking inside one of the rooms in the display.

Looking inside one of the rooms in the display.

This was a submarine like porthole display. Great idea.

This was a submarine like porthole display. Great idea.

Going for a swim?

Going for a swim?

Lots of nice little charactrs. Not sure what this one with the carrot looking arms is called?

Very shiny.

Very shiny.

Hand in hand for these characters.

Hand in hand for these characters.

A real Japanese feel to this character.

A real Japanese feel to this character.

The kids could all join in by climbing inside this anpanman submarine.

The kids could all join in by climbing inside this anpanman submarine.

My niece enjoying some time with the anpanman characters.

My niece enjoying some time with the anpanman characters.

My other niece gets in on the action for this donburiya photo.

My other niece gets in on the action for this donburiya photo.

They showed the kids how to draw anpanman.

They showed the kids how to draw anpanman.

My nephews trying out the alien spaceship in the display.

My nephews trying out the alien spaceship in the display.

A lot of detail put into the wall displays as well.

A lot of detail put into the wall displays as well.

There were many of these interesting exhibits on the floor of the museum.

There were many of these interesting exhibits on the floor of the museum.

Alien spaceship.

More Alien spaceship action.

Paintings of some of the characters.

Paintings of some of the characters.

Anpanman sitting waiting to play with the kids.

Anpanman sitting waiting to play with the kids.

Inside the Anpanman restaurant.

Inside the Anpanman restaurant.

Some of the food at the Anpanman restaurant.

Some of the food at the Anpanman restaurant.

24 thoughts on “Anpanman Museum”

1. Neksus says:

Great family trip. Enjoying some quality time with them πŸ˜‰
    Lucky you!

via @Shibuya246: Anpanman Museum, Japan Photo-Post | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/DGFq A great way to spend time w/the family. I think this is the 3rd. time I’ve seen your niece in your articles. Also is that the nephew that had the Clone Trooper gear on that when you went to visit your family? all in all looks like everyone had a great time together. It’s great when families can get together and share good. times.

yes, that is right. They are going back to Australia on the weekend.

1. Neksus says:

They don’t live in Japan? I may have missed that part before.
        Still amazing to have that much of family to come and pay a visit.

Who is the japanese of the two parents?

1. Neksus says:

So it was family reunion “big style”!
            Sometimes I miss having relatives…

A reunion indeed. It will be sad to see them go home.

3. rob7138 says:

Looks like you had a blast with the family. Another great post.

Thanks. It has been fun. My laptop is struggling to keep up with the photos πŸ™‚

4. HELLOSHEENA says:

That looks like fun.

5. HELLOSHEENA says:

I need to delete that post. I do not know how. My computer went nuts and put that pic in.

1. Neksus says:

Naughty πŸ˜‰
      We need an edit function, but this is impressive Hellosheena! πŸ™‚ lol

Thanks Sheena. No problem. I took care of it. The picture was rather cute actually. πŸ™‚ I have to put in an edit function for comments. Sorry

6. Brad F. says:

This museum is pretty amazing. I’m impressed by the amount of time and detail that went into arranging the displays. Putting displays in the floor is complete genius.

I’m also a bit saddened by the lack of a GI Joe or Ninja Turtle museum for me to go to as a kid.

They really went to a lot of trouble. It was great to see a museum for kids so well organized.

7. angelcandy.baby says:

looks like fun! your nieces are adorable ^_^

Thx. They had a great time πŸ™‚ We are going to the Mitsubishi museum next.

8. JapanZone says:

My 3-year-old would think he’d died and gone to heaven if I took him there. My other kids have had their phases, but my youngest just won’t grow out of Anpanman. And we all have to inhabit that world on a daily basis. I could probably name every character in your photos! I look forward to showing them to my son later today…

9. D123451 says:

LOL my 1st time~~~

well i still remember when i was tiny i used to sing along with the theme song~~~ its same popular level as the theme song of doreamon, ultraman taro and “nija egg”(whtever u call it… the yuki100%)

ps i dun like when anpanmen break his face off to save others(seems very selfish XD)~~~ btw melon pan oishi desu~~~~~ LOL