Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Making Japanese Dolls

10 4,542
There are a number of parts that are made and then joined together. The head molds are quite realistic.

There was an interesting display at the Yokohama Doll Museum showing how to make Japanese dolls. There is a great deal of skill and patience that goes into making each doll. The video shows a fast version of what is involved.

Stages of the doll making. The completed Kimono clad doll on the right looks wonderful.

I had a really good video clip I wanted to share with you on this, but after spending 4 hours trying to get the Youtube audio swap feature to work have to take a break. I keep trying to add some music over the existing unrelated audio but it wont add for some reason. Anyone else had problems with that feature on YouTube?

I might have it working now by making the video private on YouTube. If you hear music instead of my niece talking then it is all good.

Working in the factory to make the dolls.
Working in the factory to make the dolls.
Black and white photos of the workers making dolls.
Black and white photos of the workers making dolls.
The hair gets glued on last and then cut to size.
The hair gets glued on last and then cut to size.
  1. Neksus says

Can’t access the video.

Dolls are otaku must-have stuff now… They even make 3D replicas 🙂

1. Neksus says

Still no chance.
      Traditional dolls are used in kabuki if I’m not wrong, just to make it sound less “otaku” (D. Choo’s fault!! he and his daughters Lol)

1. shibuya246 says

😉

2. whipcracker says

RT @tweetmeme Making Japanese Dolls, Japan Figures | Shibuya246 http://bit.ly/5CyTTw Had a problem with the video. Wouldn’t let me access the video. Said I had to accept the friend request. An interestin subjet any ways. Fine Japanese craftsmenship. They look quite fragile.

1. shibuya246 says

sorry, video looks dead. still trying to get it to work with Youtube. Its a good video so I will reintroduce it if i ever get it working.

3. HELLOSHEENA says

I was never big on dolls as a kid but these are pretty nice. I always went for my stuffed animals as a child. Nothing much has changed. lol

[img]http://shibuya246.com/wp-content/upload/cosmopolitan_cover.jpg[/img]