Conbini Monday Wk36

Pocky on Seijin no Hi sounds like a great combination

I almost forgot it was Monday this week, with the trip to Yokohama and it being Seijin no Hi, it just didn’t feel like a typical Monday. There were plenty of people crowding into the convenience stores though, many wearing kimono.

Here are a few treats that were in store.

Nikuman and more. I spotted some takoyakiman (octopus) in this display and decided I had to get one.

A few new drinks in store. This one caught my eye. Anyone tried it?

A few new drinks in store. This one caught my eye. Anyone tried it?

Melting truffles from Bourbon. Could be a good choice.

Melting truffles from Bourbon. Could be a good choice.

Lotte had this new strawberry shortcake chocolate product. Not that original, but a nice bitesize treat.

Meiji bring out two new flavors of chocolate with some interesting wrapper colors. The top one was mango, the bottom one green tea macha.

Some crackers to try. Cheese, mochi and more.

Some crackers to try. Cheese, mochi and more.

Strawberry bread with a display case. Looked quite good, but I didn't bother to try it. Haven't been eating a lot of bread recently.

Feb 3 is the annual day for Ehoumaki. Each year the idea is that you stand and face a certain direction (different each year) and eat a sushi roll while looking up. Will try and catch some pictures of this on the street if I see any salarymen facing west and eating their sushi roll.

Some Sengoku wasabi. A strong combination.

Some Sengoku wasabi. A strong combination.

16 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk36”

1. Sara Mari says:

I want to try that Meiji rich matcha bar~ Looks so yummy. I am not so into takoyaki, so I’d probably get the pizza man haha^^

Pizzaman is always good too. Whenever I see pizzaman though I always think of just dialing for a real pizza.

2. Orchid64 says:

I used to love Pote Long, but they fell out of favor with me after awhile. That being said, these wasabi ones might bring me back for another try. I’ve also been eyeballing those mochi sembei from Kameida Seika and resisting. Your pictures ramp up the temptation more than actually seeing these products for some weird reason.

LOL. maybe I can send some over email or twitter for you to eat ๐Ÿ™‚

Do you know how mant flavors of Pocky are made? All I ever see over here is the regular chocolate or strawberry.

I am not sure the total number. Some are seasonal. They don’t have as many as kit kats seem to have but there are a few.

I wonder if they’re bourbon flavored?

just the company brand is called BOURBON with these. no alcohol in the chocolates this time. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yum Yum gotta try that Meiji chocolate some day.

Wasabi is a little strong for my palete.

Once you get to Japan and try it out, you might get used to it ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Zak says:

I unknowingly ate 2cm of nerikarashi or was it nerikarasa something like wasabi which is yellow. You can imagine what happened to me after wards right .Got used to it after that though.

RT @tweetmeme Conbini Monday Wk36, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bit.ly/4xTk4m A different type of selection this week. Will we be seeing a live stream w/you and Rilakkuma at the conbini in the near future? That would be so much fun to see. Could make it a monthly feature. Here’s a working title for it “Rilakkuma and the Conbini” If you come up w/a better onr let me know Could be a great feature to the site, something to look forward to.
    Have a great week, ๐Ÿ™‚
    Ja mata ne

8. AKB48Fan says:

Those nikuman look real good! A great Winter warmer in Japan. One of my favorite conbini snacks during the cold months.

Strawoberry taste was god