Japan Hamburgers

McDonalds advertising at Shibuya Station

With Wendys leaving Japan, at least for the moment, McDonalds is not letting up its campaign to keep people eating its hamburgers. After introducing the Quarter Pounder last year, they now have on sale 4 new burgers. Can you make them out in the billboard?

New hamburgers from McDonalds

The four new hamburgers will be on sale from Jan 15, 2010.

They are Texas Burger, New York Burger, California Burger and Hawaiian Burger. Do you have these burgers in your part of the world from McDonalds? I would have liked to see a Las Vegas Burger myself.

15 thoughts on “Japan Hamburgers”

1. Renechong says:

I see SMAP! haha
    Nah.. the McDonalds here in Malaysia only serves the very basic burger. But we do have the Prosperity Burger when Chinese New Year is around the corner.

A SMAP burger would be a great idea 😉

2. Donia says:

there is no avocado on that burger therefor it is NOT a California burger lol
    Also, Hawaii burger wtf?

I thought the Hawaiian burger would have pineapple. Every time I go to Hawaii, I get the pineapple as part of the set in the morning with my McMuffin. 🙂

1. Tristan says:

Agreed…Hawaiian burger should have pineapple! I would have thought that was exotic enough for the Japanese to try! (given that the put mayo on pizzas….. 🙁 )

Not a fan of Macca’s…burgers taste artificial compared to the ones my local takeaway makes (to order from scratch..no sitting in a warmer!!!)
        Plus t hey are half to double the size of a Macca’s burger 🙂

2. Chlose says:

You get a pineapple? Seriously? I never got a pineapple at any mcdonalds…

sure, pineapple on the morning sets. They give it to you in a separate container. My golf friends dont like pineapple so I normally get to eat 3 helpings 🙂

RT @. I satweetmeme Japan Hamburgers, Japan Marketing | Shibuya246 http://ow.ly/1mLp75 It’s been so long since i’ve been in McD’s. I really don’t what they sell here anymore. The wendys here are still doing CM’s and is able to keep pace w/everyone else in the market.
    The Texas burger looks like a double quarter pounder w/bacon, don’t see any difference in the ca burger or the ny burger. Wouldn’t mind trying the hawaiian burgerw/egg, pineapple on it sounds interesting on it also. But only in Japan will you see different types of things like theselute them for their creativity,Ganbatte ne.

Here’s a link that was originally twitted by alatista http://tinyurl.com/yen49bs
    What other countries are doing to advertise for MacDonalds,especially the one in Vancouver. Let me know what everyone thinks.
    ja ne

Thanks. Good link 🙂

5. What would be in a Vegas burger? Las Vegas has no regional cuisine.

I haven’t been to McD’s in ages, but they don’t have these burgers in the U.S. Neat marketing campaign though.

6. salvidali says:

would like to see some regional hamburger from McD – like add some avocado, green chili, pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayonnaise sauce . . . I am hungry for a Big Carl hamburger now !! 8P ~
    [img]http://shibuya246.com/wp-content/upload/DSC00152.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://shibuya246.com/wp-content/upload/DSC00149.JPG[/img]

had a great gyro (Greek sandwich) in this little mall in Reno, Nevada – had lamb, pork, beef and veggies . . .

7. Chlose says:

That hawaiian burger looks good. Looks kinda like the sausage mcmuffin with egg… And bacon… And more good stuff o.o I needs a better pic of it so i can tell whats in it, then i can say how its related to here, if at all.

8. Paul says:

It’s cool the way the McDonald’s “M” logo is maintained through each of the four non-hamburger pictures.