Tokyo Station Kimono

A rental kimono store at Tokyo Station.

A rental kimono store at Tokyo Station.

There are some great shops at Tokyo Station. I showed you some photos from a few of the stores on Character Street before.

There are also plenty of souvenir stores, food stores and recently I found this kimono rental store. If you are around Tokyo Station and want to try renting a kimono, then this could be for you.

Kimono Rental, Hair and Make.

When my family visited last year, we went to Kyoto and had the chance for my niece to dress up in kimono and show us how good they can look.

Putting on the makeup took over an hour.

Putting on the makeup took over an hour.

My niece wears a bright red kimono in this Kyoto Eigamura setting.

My niece wears a bright red kimono in this Kyoto Eigamura setting.

My nephew was Ninja for the day, but he was not really frightening kimono girls away.

If you get chance to go to Eigamura in Kyoto or Edoland in Nikko, do try the Ninja and Kimono outfits.

Have you or one of your friends tried a kimono when in Japan?

8 thoughts on “Tokyo Station Kimono”

1. Neksus says:

Some family goodness. πŸ™‚

So, is your niece going for talento or idol??

Her interest is dance.

2. Brad F. says:

This inspires me. My wife and I will definitely get some photos taken in outfits like that for fun when we make it up that way. It looks like a lot of fun.

It was a lot of fun. I have almost 500 photos from this day alone.

1. Neksus says:

Every second or so you need to breathe πŸ˜‰
        That’s a lot of pics.

Are there, fairs/festivals apart, girls going around dressed in a kimono?

There are a number throughout the year. In the countryside there are more as well. Kyoto can be good all year round πŸ™‚

RT @tweetmeme Tokyo Station Kimono, Japan Culture | Shibuya246 http://bit.ly/6JJ62m Your niece and nephew make quite the combination. I remember your families had such a neat time in kyoto. Along w/Kimombox stories, they made for great reading. Your niece is going to steal someones heart before to long, she’s quite pretty. πŸ™‚ Make sure to tell her that. The only rental shops we have are for mens tuxedos, or just regular costume shops that do great business during the hoilday seasons. would like to try dressing up inan authentic ninja costume. “Whipcracker The Ninja” sound like a good J=Drama, Haha! πŸ™‚ will visit someday.

4. HELLOSHEENA says:

That would be fun to try.