Favorite Photos of 2009

Jan 3rd, 2010

I have picked my favorite photos that I took in 2009. It took a while to go through the many photos taken in the year. I might have missed a few. Let me know if your favorite is missing from the list.

Shibuya Scramble Crossing

Narita Express model

Narita Express model

Santa Xmas Tree

Santa Xmas Tree

Tokyo Midtown Illuminations, Roppongi

Tokyo Midtown Illuminations, Roppongi

What’s your favorite from 2009?

40 thoughts on “Favorite Photos of 2009”

1. Renechong says:

I like the Autumn in Aoyama series best. Love the colors of the pictures ^^

The “Autumn in Aoyama” post turned out to be the second most popular article for the year, only just behind Gundam Wedding.

2. darenothope says:

#2 Shibuya Station: Ohno! <3

Those are some really great photos!

Thank you. It was fun taking them πŸ™‚

3. alafista says:

I think the photo with the giant Rilakkuma is the best ^^

That was a fun day πŸ™‚

4. johnkent says:

Love all of them. Good job.!

5. micky2be says:

Great!!! Now try to be better for 2010 πŸ˜‰

6. HELLOSHEENA says:

Love the boat and the one with Rilakkuma!

7. katiemuffett says:

Ahh, Kyoto. Almost capable of making me think ‘Tokyo, meh, too expensive’ πŸ˜‰ Almost! It is incredibly beautiful though.

And can I repeat praise for those Fuji-san golf shots. My husband is becoming a bit of a golfer, and settings like this would confirm it for him.

Kyoto is beautiful all year round. I am ready for another visit. I need to spend more time in the country areas in 2010 to capture some of the differences in Japan.

8. Neksus says:

Good compilation.
    You rarely miss “local beauties”, bionic eye? Lol…….

Maybe I should do a post just with that as the theme πŸ˜‰

1. Neksus says:

LOL We’ll be waiting πŸ˜‰

9. Irit says:

Such wonderful photos! The one of the festival – where the focus was on the other camera – is amazing!!!

10. banchou says:

#55’s caption is incorrect. He isn’t buying cakes; he is clearly buying shuu cream (cream puffs) at a Beard Papa’s or similar store, most likely the one in Shibuya by the station.

As can be seen in the picture, the text in the store reads クッキーシγƒ₯γƒΌγ€€οΌˆcookie shuu)

Thanks πŸ™‚ It is the Beard Papa store at Shibuya Station where he is buying Shuu cream puffs. Here is the original article containing the photo http://shibuya246.com/2009/11/26/hachiko-for-labor-insurance/ photo towards end of page.

11. lithiumangel says:

Great selection πŸ™‚
    It’s nice to do these compilations; it will also show you in an overview how much your photography has improved the moment you have more compilations πŸ™‚

2010 ! Let’s make it another great year for photos !
    On a sidenote, have trouble trying to persuade my golf-loving friend to come with me in April to Tokyo.
    But, I suppose I will show him your golf pics with Mt Fuji in the background to do the persuading (even tough i rarely play golf; those shots really makes me wanna go there to play a few holes)

12. Donia says:

What a wonderful collection! Looking forward to a whole new year of photos!
    Happy New Year to You!

Thanks. I will be working on a great set for 2010. Happy New Year.

13. Fantastic round-up of the year. Looking forward to more great posts!

14. Tristan says:

Love the Kyoto shots…I have such fond memories of the temples in Kyoto!
    Sounds like we were both tourists when we (individually) visited Kyoto as we both have the same photos! (though yours are much better quality)
    [img]http://shibuya246.com/wp-content/upload/1112-100_1345.jpg[/img]
    My shot of the Water Temple at Kiyomizudera

Thankyou again for your wonderful photos…I am so jealous that you get to do this on a daily basis!

Very nice. Yes, I think I have that exact photo πŸ™‚ Hope you have the chance to get out more in 2010 and take more photos.

15. Shockerz says:

I love the compilation of all the great photos you have taken in year 2009. I do hope to see more in 2010 πŸ˜€ Btw, I have a a question, how did you implement the add notes functions? Are you using Flickr Manager plugins for photos?

I havent heard of Flickr Manager plugin but will take a look. I am using a jquery library. (here is my quick mention of it in a post http://shibuya246.com/2009/12/30/parco-can-campaign/). I am still updating the code and have a new version to release soon which will be better. Danny Choo did a good write up of his implementation of this library also. http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25316/JQuery+Plugins.html

1. Shockerz says:

I saw those post before but no idea how to implement them. If I’m right I need to get Jquery install on my server, then create a script with the code given by chris, after that I’ll be using custom field to insert into each photos by myself?

16. atrix says:

what’s the different with roppongi hills? park itself part of the complex? nice HQ picture you’ve got here πŸ˜€

Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown are both near Roppongi crossing, but in different directions. Roppongi Hills goes down more towards Hiroo, Azabu Juban and beyond, Shibuya, direction. Midtown is more up towards Nogizaka, Akasaka direction.

17. Meowsa says:

Your photos are gorgeous… looking at them makes me miss my time living in Japan.
    Thanks for sharing them.

You are welcome. Looking back through them made me also feel I needed to get out more and enjoy Japan. Too much time spent indoors is not good. Thanks πŸ™‚

18. auTAKU says:

I wasn’t able to to get image notes to work, but there are some really beautiful shots here. I love the yellow sky behind the Odaiba Gundam, and the Mt Fuji shot with all the different vertical layers – sky, Fuji, clouds, trees, grass – is very nicely composed. Looking through all of these makes me miss Japan even more.

Thanks. Glad you liked the photos. I have the new version of image notes almost ready to upload. will find out what is wrong and fix for that. Appreciate you taking a look at it. πŸ™‚

via @Shibuya246: Favorite Photos of 2009, Japan Photo-Post | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/CUBr A great set of end of the year photos.
    RT @tweetmeme Favorite Photos of 2009, Japan Photo-Post | Shibuya246 http://bit.ly/5EP3X5 Your photos a pleasure to the eyes.
    A double tweet today. You know i have enjoyed every minute commenting on your photos and stories, that you have to go w/ them. I have learned so much about the the great area of Shibuya that you call home. That to myself i call this my “Home “Away From Home”. This great community you have developed here and the inter action amongst the great people has grown ever since The Gundam Photos and the Kyoto and the Aoyama Autumn features.
    I just want to let tou a all of the great people that have joined this site that I consider you a part of my family.
    What I’m trying to say is that in my current financial state i may not be able to do a whole lot of anything unless there’s a miracle some where. If you don’t see my responses to the stories you’ll know it’s all been turned off. So i keep hopin and prayin for the best.
    Your friend.

Thank you always for your comments. Back when the Site first started there were many days when you and I were the only ones making any comments. You sure are part of the shibuya246 family.

It is great to see so many people now participating with comments and also uploading photos as well. The community is growing well and has some really nice people involved. Thank you all πŸ™‚ I enjoy reading the comments and feedback. It is a good indication to me of what content you like and what I should write more about.

I hope your Internet doesn’t get cut off and that 2010 can be a better year for you.

20. theahhmoment says:

Ohno kun on the billboard in the second pic! Kyaaa~ πŸ˜€

21. haro_kitei says:

kawaii!

22. haro_kitei says:

Awesome photo!

23. Kalista Ajenjo says:

Oh wow!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are really beautiful, love the autumn and tokyo midtown illuminations pictures ^^