Japan Park Dance

02 looking ready to rock and roll.

02 looking ready to rock and roll.

I came across their dance scene in Yoyogi Park when out for a walk on New Years Day. It looked like they were making some sort of cosplay dance movie or maybe rehearsing for one.

The rhythm beat was quite catchy. My niece who was with me starting dancing to the music and got most of their moves down quickly.

The group at the front seemed the best rehearsed. Not sure if the guys at the back forgot their costumes or just joined in when seeing it.

That looks like a Rilakkuma suit.

That looks like a Rilakkuma suit.

Lots of different moves to remember.

Lots of different moves to remember.

Many different costumes, all dancing to the same beat.

Many different costumes, all dancing to the same beat.

Another person waiting for the right timing to jump into the lineup.

Another person waiting for the right timing to jump into the lineup.

More people in costumes here. Looks like they had plenty of participants.

More people in costumes here. Looks like they had plenty of participants.

You can see the camera they have set up to tape the scene.

You can see the camera they have set up to tape the scene.

The film crew watching from a distance having set a camera up to record the action.

My niece dancing in Yoyogi Park, New Years Day, imitating the cosplay dancers nearby.

My niece getting into the dance rhythm in Yoyogi Park, Tokyo

Getting into the dance rhythm in Yoyogi Park for New Year

Dance till you drop.

Dance till you drop.

It would be great to see them perform this dance on the Shibuya Scramble Crossing one day. Sort of an impromptu performance like the ones below.

or you could go solo as the Dancing Stormtrooper aka Danny Choo does

Would you be keen to do a dance in the middle of Shibuya Scramble Crossing?

21 thoughts on “Japan Park Dance”

1. micky2be says:

Nice discovery and nice pictures, and your niece looks funny imitating them.

2. Chappy says:

>.< One of my wish is to see this at Akiba, but a park dance is good as well.

that would be a good place as well. I like your avatar 🙂

Your niece is quite kawaii and very photogenic. Looks like she caught on very quick.

Great, you were able to get the photo comment to work as well 🙂

RT @tweetmeme Japan Park Dance, Japan outdoors | Shibuya246 http://bit.ly/5QVKlT That does look like a Rilakkuma in the park.
    What a great way to start off 2010 🙂 Great photos of your niece and the great photos of Cos Players in the park. It would be neat to see that in Akiba that would be the perfect spot for it.
    On a side note, I was watching the J-drama Boss, and at the end of the 1st.ep I reconized they used the sculpter that you photographed in the park story you did previously. It was the one w/the hole in the middle. I said to myself , I’ve seen that before…
    Thanks for all the stories and photos you’ve shown us. It’s a real pleasure to be a part of this community of your side of the world. hopefully i will be able to get there, and meet up.
    Ja mata ne. 🙂

Nice. It is good to see the connection between the photo scenes and the other programs. You can really start to get to know the place. 🙂

5. Neksus says:

Positive first post!
    🙂

6. salvidali says:

looks like lots of enthusiasm for the new year !! such brilliant colors !!

7. micky2be says:

Hey! you added the jQuerry annotation, nice!!! I coulnd’t make it work with my WordPress

It is a bit tricky, but it can work with wordpress. I haven’t finished the install yet. This is just version 1. I have a more updated polished version to test and upload yet. I was just working on allowing people to connect up their twitter account with the site and got stuck on curl. I didn’t realize my server was setup to handle only normal curl and not SSL curl. Once I have the twitter function stable I will upload the next version of the photo annotator. I may turn it into a plugin for wordpress so others can use too.

1. micky2be says:

Sounds nice, if you need help ping me on Skype

Looks like just a rehearsal based on the camera they are using.

9. auTAKU says:

There was a big group of dancers in Yoyogi Park when I visited. They weren’t in cosplay though, sadly!

10. lithiumangel says:

Gotta love Yogogi, always some sort of shannigan going down.
    How about posting somewhere that your looking for Rilakkuma cosplayers for a group photoshoot for the Shibuya 246 site =) ??
    That’d be fun !

11. lithiumangel says:

New feature request: edit button ! To edit embarressing typo’s like “Yogogi” – omg :-O

ok, adding that to the list to be done. thx 🙂

12. Keko Tanjung says:

Nice post … I kinda miss this. I visited Kansai for a week and lefta week earlier before the hanami season began this April.