Tokyo Midtown Illuminations

Dec 24th, 2009

The Christmas Illuminations have been up for a while at Tokyo Midtown. Each place lit up for Christmas in Tokyo seems to have a different feel to it at night. The main color for Tokyo Midtown felt like it was blue.

A sea of blue lights for the Tokyo Midtown Christmas Illumination

The Christmas tree turns a purpley blue color.

It is hard to describe what these blue lights looked like in real life. This photo makes them look almost like a field of glow worms.

A mobile phone snaps the white Christmas tree.

Taking photos of the illuminations is a great date course for couples at Midtown.

The main colors of these illuminations were blue and white. I think the white by itself looked a little bit too cold.

The trees decorating the roadway at Tokyo Midtown.

The blue LED lights of the trees.

This couple were out enjoying the illuminations, taking photos, like many others.

Tokyo Tower peeking through the view of the LED trees.

There were plenty of mobile phones out getting closeup shots of the lights.

Tokyo Tower gets blurred out as we take a closeup of the LED light on this tree.

some nice photos being captured here on a compact digital camera.

The blue lights at ground level made the scenery appear like the ocean.

Down close, the blue lights look bigger looking back at the trees.

Down close, the blue lights look bigger looking back at the trees.

katiemuffett says:

that last one…so beautiful! one of those sights you so wish you could be there to see

whipcracker says:

via @Shibuya246: Tokyo Midtown Illuminations, Japan Photo-Post | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/CJSg As usual a great set of photos. :)
All the great colors combined make for a great combination. I wonder why the blue color is so prevalent in usage there?

Neksus says:

If I’ll get addicted to photography it’s going to be your responsability ;)

I’m impressed. Beautiful pictures.
This time you got hit it good! :)

shibuya246 says:

Thank you. I wasn’t sure whether these pictures really conveyed the atmosphere well enough, but am pleased to hear you like them. You encourage me to go take some more. :)

Neksus says:

Supplement A. :) Oh yeah!

Smithy says:

Awesome photos! Did you shoot freehand or with a tripod?

shibuya246 says:

These were all freehand. I have a small tripod but never take it out with me. Maybe should start thinking about taking it in future. :)

riCh chestMat says:

Did you see the shooting star effects down by the main complex/tower itself? I thought that was pretty cool.

shibuya246 says:

I was only out at the back of the complex in the park. I was a bit pressed for time so didn’t see the front. Looks like they put on quite a big show. Might go back tonight to see some at Roppongi Hills or Midtown again.