Conbini Monday Wk33

Onion and soy sauce potato chips.

Onion and soy sauce potato chips.

A mixture of potato chips and drinks for this weeks conbini monday. The new flavored drinks seem to be never ending at the moment. I visited a number of different convenience stores this week including some on the highway when traveling from golf. By looking at the price tags you can probably see the different chains.

Blueberry and Yogurt from Ito-en. Could be a bit lumpy in parts.

Blueberry and Yogurt from Ito-en. Could be a bit lumpy in parts.

Nacchan getting back into the act with this peach and strawberry drink from Suntory.

Melting caramel sweets from KANRO. Worth the YEN 208 price tag.

Melting caramel sweets from KANRO. Worth the YEN 208 price tag.

There are so many different varieties of throat sweets. These are mikan and honey with karin. Hard to choose which one to get.

Sparkling strawberry fizzy soda, with a big sign saying you have to get the beer and liquor from the vending machine.

A different looking Seven Eleven store at Tokyo Midtown Roppongi.

A different looking Seven Eleven store at Tokyo Midtown Roppongi.

Menta Mayonnaise potato chips, tasting of mentaiko. mmmm, very original!

Menta Mayonnaise potato chips, tasting of mentaiko. mmmm, very original!

Decided to take these caramel treats home. Definitely a good idea! ^^

Decided to take these caramel treats home. Definitely a good idea! ^^

The pick of the week for me was the melting caramel sweets. These were fantastic. Which item would you like to try? Last week, a number of people asked if I could send some conbini monday packages overseas. Let me know in the comments what you want and I will then make a list of items I can send and how much it might cost. Let me know what country you want it sent to also. Postage overseas is based purely on weight, so potato chips beat drinks, if you know what I mean ^__^.

19 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk33”

1. Azriel says:

wise decision… but i think u fall in that tempting trap… now that i saw it too, i wanna eat some sweets =_=”!
    Japan conbinis never stop surprising me… How many tastes and colors are needed to satisfy the “basic needs” of human being? πŸ˜›

My friend just told me he ate a whole pack of these caramel sweets after seeing them on conbini monday, and he is now feeling rather ill. My advice is stick to one or two, not a whole pack. LOL πŸ˜‰ ^^.

2. Tristan says:

sorry if I have started something for you!!

Love the natchan bottle design!

Great photos as usual

1. Tristan says:

I should add if there is anything you want from Australia (if say, you have a yearning for vegemite!), let me know!!!!

Thanks. Am thinking of putting a set pack together each week and seeing how many people want it shipped to their door. Then following week make a different pack. People can decide each week whether they want in or take a break. Will organize something for next week to kick it off. Do people want a $30, $50 or $75 package? Postage would be extra to that. I would have to get some estimates as to what it would cost, but have found it to be reasonable for most things that don’t weigh a lot.

1. alafista says:

That sounds exciting and fun. I think a $50 package with a Rilakkuma would be great ^^

2. Tristan says:

$30-$50 would be fine!!

3. Aux says:

Pretty spiffy looking Seven Eleven! Far too classy for a conbini…

The strawberry drinks look pretty good, but I’m a sucker for strawberry flavoured almost anything.

There are lots of good strawberry flavored chocolates, drinks, biscuits and cakes to go around πŸ™‚

RT @tweetmeme Conbini Monday Wk33, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bit.ly/8aM9S6 Everything in todays article sure looks like a tasty assortment, especially those carmels. πŸ™‚ nom nom nom… both of those throat drops look good, is hard to decide which one 1st. I agree w/Alafista on the pkg amount, but unfortunately will have to drool and watch from the sidelines on this one. With still no job, will have to put things like this on the back burner. this is a great idea you have come up with πŸ™‚
    Well keep up all the good work, and I will still comment on everything. πŸ™‚
    Have a great week. πŸ™‚

drool for now, maybe eat later. It will taste all the better then. πŸ™‚

Looks like the package has to be under 2kg in weight to get the cheap postage. This might rule out too many drinks, but definitely leaves the door open for potato chips, pocky, crackers, gummy, cubyrops, doraemon candy, calbee’s jagariko and a whole heap more. Stand by for a package around the $50 mark plus postage.

6. amity says:

i know this doesn’t go along with the set package plan, but do you have an estimate for how much a few natchan! would cost? i have been trying to get these forever with no luck. the one pictured in this conbini makes me really want some πŸ™‚

For small packages, size is not a factor, just weight. sending uninsured upto 1kg is about Yen 1,100. I wonder what 1 bottle of natchan weighs?

7. lithiumangel says:

Natchan rocks ! And damn, that’s a pretty swank looking 7-11 indeed *_*
    The Conbini package idea sounds awesome ! I’m voting for a 50$ pack myself =)

8. Tristan says:

Liking the idea though I think you should (if it isnt too much hassle) add in both a $30 and $50 parcel as $US70-$80 (includes postage) may be too pricey with conversion (eg ~AU$85-90 for me to get a $50 pack)
    Guess it depends upon the weight cost but a ‘half size’ pack may be more appealing for some on a regular basis

Good point. I have put a polll up on this article for the pricing http://shibuya246.com/2009/12/23/conbini-box/

9. HELLOSHEENA says:

Funny seven eleven, πŸ˜€

10. Ryvian says:

I just had the yogurt drink a couple days ago. It was great and not lumpy at all.