Japan Ladies Golf Fashion

Photo from http://sports.livedoor.com showing Takemura Makoto

Photo from http://sports.livedoor.com showing Takemura Makoto

Japan golf is riding a new wave of popularity with Ishikawa Ryo in the mens section and now a group of women coming on to the scene who are changing the traditional views of golf wear.

One such newcomer to the womens field is Takemura Makoto. She turned Pro recently and has already started to get glowing articles written about her even though her scores have yet to be overly impressive.

Some articles have labeled her “the extremely beautiful golf Pro”

There is an official site for Takemura Makoto and her sisters here.

The Japan Golf Association page for Takemura Makoto shows her latest progress in events.

On the fashion angle, take a look at what Takemura-san was wearing on the course today.

Photo by golfdigest.co.jp

Photo by golfdigest.co.jp, a good source of info on Japanese golf.

I thought these were boots when I first saw them, but then found out they were leg warmers. Can’t imagine the men sporting gear like this. It definitely will be interesting to see what comes out next.

Have you ever seen anyone else wearing leg warmers like this in a Professional golf tournament?

7 thoughts on “Japan Ladies Golf Fashion”

1. MarijnRongen says:

Haven’t seen leg warmers since the 80’s!
    She wears them well, I guess she doesn’t want cold legs while sporting a skirt. Boots or anything like that would be restrictive with regards to leg movement.

It is a bit cold at the moment, but I wonder what a more traditional course would say about this type of wear? Losing track of what is and what is not acceptable on the golf courses right now. Seems to be changing constantly.

2. dans says:

The extremely beautiful golf Pro ? πŸ˜€
    I have never seen a leg warmer before. If it make it easier for them to wear a short skirt then they can wear the leg warmer. ^^

RT @Shibuya246: Japan Ladies Golf Fashion | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/BSIw Another fresh young and very pretty face on the womens golf tour. At first I also thought those were boots, but looked again and saw what they were. They are an accent piece to the short skirt. Hope to be hearing more about her. Maybe she can give Anna a run for the money.

4. Dumb Otaku says:

I love when two of my favorite things are mixed. Cute Japanese girls and Golf.

I definitely will have to play golf when I go to japan.

The perfect combination πŸ™‚

5. wow … The other day I saw a girl who was sumo, I look that makes a golf … but then I say, are all so cute * _ *