Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Conbini Monday Wk30

9 2,113
A few good choices here. Mabo-dofu Yakisoba on the right looks an interesting combination

It is late today and I haven’t had chance to eat dinner. Time to run down to the conbini and pick up something to share with my microwave.

pasta with shrimp and tomato sauce
pasta with shrimp and tomato sauce
A Yokohama napolitan pasta dish celebrating Y150
A Yokohama napolitan pasta dish celebrating Y150

You can usually find quite a lot of Chinese food at the convenience store which is easy to take home, eat up and enjoy.

Some ankake-yakisoba and gomoku-ankake-yakisobe.
Some ankake-yakisoba and gomoku-ankake-yakisobe.
This is what I wanted to try. The 500 Yen pork calbee bento. Unfortuately, they were all sold out.

The end of the year is coming up fast and calendars / schedule books are starting to sell everywhere including the convenience stores.

Rilakkuma and Hello Kitty schedule books and calendars for 2010
Rilakkuma and Hello Kitty schedule books and calendars for 2010
a Hello Kitty financial planner and diary with original calculator
a Hello Kitty financial planner and diary with original calculator
and for the end of the year otoshidama, giving money to the kids, here are some choice envelopes to put those thousand yen notes in.

What is your favorite conbini bento?

1. Neksus says

I ADORE asian food!! As for the napolitan pasta I’m curious to know what it tastes like.

Spoke to my sister in law today, she said that Rilakkuma sucks and Hello Kitty Rules.
    (As she can’t pronounce “r”, I asked a few times about “Lillakkuma”, funny.)
    I believe that some topics are really dangerous with some people… πŸ™‚

1. shibuya246 says

LOL. I guess once your hooked on Hello Kitty it is hard to switch to a bear πŸ˜‰

2. Joseph Tame says

I wish our local combinees had all that variety – we’ve had the same 3 or 4 bentos for the past 6 months!

1. shibuya246 says

That’s not too hot. As long as you havent been eating them every night for the last 6 months? πŸ™‚

3. whipcracker says

RT @Shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk30, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/BFHk So many bento to choose from. Sorry you didn’t get the bento you wanted, looked good too. πŸ™‚ Do they make any bentos with beef in them? Would like to see one. Yeah it’s getting to be that time of the year for purchasing next years calendars and such. wish i had one of Rilakkuma on it. Hello Kitty has a strong backing even here in the states. Need to make Rilakkuma just as popular, but i don’t see him over here though. Hello Kitty seems to have a stronger pull, especially w/the female and children crowd. But I’ll always have Rilakkumas back, no matter what πŸ™‚
    Another fine conbini monday article as always.
    ganbatte ne πŸ™‚
    ja nae

4. lithiumangel says

Hmmm my favorite combini bento has got to be pork + Chahan (Golden fried chinese rice) hmmm . Im getting hungry.

5. HELLOSHEENA says

Japan looks like so much fun! Maybe someday I WILL GET THERE.

1. shibuya246 says

There is no time like now. see you soon πŸ™‚

6. HELLOSHEENA says