Cosplay Christmas

All I want for Christmas this year. Order in for one of the #6920 models

All I want for Christmas this year. Putting in my order for one of these #6920 'Pretty Santa' models

Cosplay comes in many forms in Japan. When you combine Christmas it can either be very cute or a little too much Rudolph Reindeer.

I went shopping on the weekend at Tokyu Hands in Shibuya and saw these outfits you can buy to dress up and go out on the town. I’m not sure Santa would be wearing the studded leather neck bracelet?

Christmas coming with a bit of a rougher element this year maybe?

Christmas coming with a bit of a rougher element this year maybe?

What would be your favorite costume to dress up in for Christmas?

micky2be says:

Tokyu Hands is erady for Xmas already!!
What about Loft? They also have nice and funny cosplay over there.
I should go Tokyo/downtown this week-end, I heard about an old school game show.

katiemuffett says:

Is that Hatoyama as Father Christmas on the left?? They’ve got the stiff arms right!

Does Santa work alone in Japan? Where are his elf helpers?!

shibuya246 says:

Indeed. We need cute elfs!

Neksus says:

I adore the way japanese take christmas!
Cosplay is relentless :)

shibuya246 says:

There is no stopping it. Great :)

NekoLover says:

LOL that Reindeer Costume reminds me of Kyon with his Reindeer outfit .

Don’t mind If I see Pretty Santa in my neighborhood ^_^

shibuya246 says:

Maybe in your stocking ;)

Chlose says:

Wow i like that girl santa outfit o.o its rather alluring

TheJoyFactor says:

I like to dress up as Jack the Ripper, but that’s not necessarily reserved for Christmas :-P

whipcracker says:

RT @Shibuya246: Cosplay Christmas, Japan Living | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/AOLt
That leather collar is taking it just a little to the extreme. Don’t think santa looks right with it, not a very chilly looking appearence. Should promote more smiles :). Don’t really have a costume to wear. But when my wife and I first moved here, i had a job playing Santa Clause at the local mall. now that was a job. 8 hrs a day, alot of kids, and at that time of the year in tx, temps in the upper 70′s green grass and big blue skys. Really had to portray santa was cold when your sweating, w/just a little fan blowing.

shibuya246 says:

That sounds like a tough job. Maybe you could come to Japan and dress up as a Rilakkuma? :)

whipcracker says:

That souds like it would be great fun. :) When would I be needed? HA HA. NO extra money to come over with. Let me know though. Need sponser.