Nano Block

Tokyo Tower looks like a popular set of nano blocks

Tokyo Tower looks like a popular set of nano blocks

nanoblocks are like lego only smaller. They are made in Japan by Kawada Co. and provide a way to build blocks without taking up too much room.

nanoblock are MADE in JAPAN and printed with SOY INK. nice!

nanoblock are MADE in JAPAN and printed with SOY INK. nice!

You can buy the pre-packaged kit version or just buy some nano block in a jar

You can buy the pre-packaged kit version or just buy some nano block in a jar

How about making up a nanoblock version of the Himeji Castle

How about making up a nanoblock version of the Himeji Castle

There is also a battle ship called Yamato to be made

There is also a battle ship called Yamato to be made

This is the standard color set, green, yellow, purple, red, white and brown

This is the standard color set, green, yellow, purple, red, white and brown

make your own nano Five-Story Pagoda

make your own nano Five-Story Pagoda

Have a go at the Historic Villages of Shirakawa-go

Have a go at the Historic Villages of Shirakawa-go

When you get a lot of nano blocks together, this is what you can do

When you get a lot of nano blocks together, this is what you can do

Do you make things out of Lego? Would you think of trying some nano blocks for a change?

Christian says:

By the way, I noticed that the Himeji Castle cost 8400 Yen at Takashimaya the other day.

Christian says:

The Tokyo Tower set costs just under 1,500 Yen in most department store toy’s sections in Tokyo, but it might be found for less at places like Yodobashi Camera (Akihabara) and/or Toys-R-Us.

They also have some cool gift jar sets for life events like birthdays (boy or girl with cake), baby (baby in a carriage), and Wedding (couple with chapel). Those go for 1,000 Yen. I was thinking about getting some for future gifts. With this global economy and all of the importing/exporting it is not easy to find gifts that are hard-to-find in US/Canada/Europe/Australia. I think nano-blocks might actually fit the bill and be a true available only in Japan item.

whipcracker says:

RT @Shibuya246: Nano Block, Japan shopping | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/ACDc
I didn’t have legos when growing up. We had Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs and Erector Sets. Remember those? My son had a bunch of legos when he was a kid, he really enjoyed them. The lego of today has really gotten complex people use them to make some really cool looking sculptures. These nano blocks would suit a desk top situtation better. I like the one of the Tokyo Tower. And in the last photo the 1 in front looks like a funky hamburger. What do these sets cost?
When do we get the results of the contest? Been waitng anxiously to hear.
have a great weekend.

Seeing these nano block buildings reminds me of the pop-up Lego Kinkaku-ji: http://tinyurl.com/yf87kqb

Renechong says:

Wow! This looks so cool! Makes a good accessory as well

I used to play Lego a lot when I was a kid.. always building things that I don’t even know what is it

MiNGLED says:

Spent many a happy hour playing with Lego as a child and still have a soft spot for all things Lego related. I like the spin that Kawada Co. have done on them. Just wish these models were bigger and so more detailed.

shibuya246 says:

very true. Lego is one thing you never grown too old for.

NekoLover says:

Have been playing Lego when I was a wee lad . Maybe I should buy one to me company on my lonely desk .

That Himeji Castle looks good if its as small as you say it is .

shibuya246 says:

Himeji Castle, 2253 pieces. sounds like fun!

Tags :