Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Japan Plastic Food

14 4,878
Hungry? How about some plastic food to spice up your kitchen?
Hungry? How about some plastic food to spice up your kitchen?

Japan has some of the best plastic food displays I have seen. Have you every stood outside the shop looking at the displays thinking you could eat the display?

Most stores buy their plastic foods at specialist makers. Some of the designs can be very intricate and costly.

At Seibu Loft and Tokyu Hands you can buy some simple designs for your own kitchen. Most of these ones on sale here are key ring or mobile phone strap pieces. “moshi moshi, can I talk into your hamburger please”

How about some Tofu? or hamburger? maybe some egg?
How about some Tofu? or hamburger? maybe some egg?
curry rice stuck to the spoon
curry rice stuck to the spoon
These breads and rolls look like they might taste ok
These breads and rolls look like they might taste ok
Plenty of choice at this Seibu Loft display. What are you serving up in your kitchen?

Do you check out the food displays first before going in the restaurant?

1. vincento says

LOL at the spoon with kare!

1. shibuya246 says

yes, that hanging off my mobile phone as an accessory would be quite interesting 🙂

2. Jill says

Good one …. me too!!!

2. NekoLover says

We have that in Malaysia which is usually displayed in front of the Japanese restaurant .

Not to mention , Lots of Shops selling Realistic Plastic Pastries , So realistic that they even smell like bread . I almost got fooled into eating a fake Breadroll which I thought is Free .

3. alafista says

Yummy … now I feel hungry just looking at them.

4. whipcracker says

RT @Shibuya246: Japan Plastic Food, Japan shopping | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/AAUr
    Those all look realistic especially those bread and rolls. You would probably find those types of products sold at “Hobby Lobby” or “Michaels MJ Design” in my neck of the woods. And they are making me hungry, seeing I just woke up. Time for Brekkie. 🙂

5. CuteCreatures says

I have to agree with Alafista – they look so good that I just want to feast!

6. Protocol Snow says

If you go to Kappabashi-Dori in Tokyo, you can find entire stores dedicated to selling restaurant-quality plastic food displays. They are quite expensive but very fun to browse.

1. shibuya246 says

Might have to make a trip to see those. thanks for the info 🙂

7. TheJoyFactor says

I thought that was real bread for a moment. I probably would’ve bought it, tried to eat it, and felt like a jerk >.<

1. shibuya246 says

They are so real its hard to tell the difference 🙂

8. Azriel says

Well… from a land where pvc figurines become a magnificent art, its not too hard to expect high quality plastic food… ^^!

BTW, my dog needs one of those to play from time to time 😛