Conbini Monday Wk26

Looks like Conbini Monday is about 6 months old, as we enter Week 26. This weeks goodies come from a mixture of Family Mart, where I spent my lost 1,000 yen, 7 Eleven and JR’s Newdays.

These sweet potato donuts were a great find. I wasnt sure what to expect when I first saw them but they tasted great

Taking the donut out of the pack, I will still suspicious that it might taste hard and plasticky

It was actually very soft and had a good texture to it. The jam inside was fresh and tasty

These spinach donut balls were also great. Light and fluffy.

These spinach donut balls were also great. Light and fluffy.

Cheese chocolate seems to be a popular item at the moment. I saw a few brands with products. Here is one from meiji

Pocky have a variety of flavors out. This time they have combined 11 fruit flavors into one to make a Mixed Fruits Pocky. very colorful

I have never tried Gumbo from New Orleans before, but now it is available in Japan. Anyone game to give it a go?

Ginger Ale KitKat. There must be a new flavor of kitkats every few days!

Ginger Ale KitKat. There must be a new flavor of kitkats every few days!

Interesting shape and simple design on this coffee

Interesting shape and simple design on this coffee. Makes the Doutour coffee look fat and old

The suica character is getting geared up for 2010 with various schedule planners, notepads and other bits

What is your favorite item? Did you have a conbini monday today? What did you get?

12 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk26”

1. NekoLover says:

Cheese Chocolates 0.o strange combonation but would like to try it .

Spinach Donut Balls sounds not so appetizing ^^;;

Indeed , theres all kinds of KitKat in Japan like Green tea KitKat and what not .

Coffee is a bottle is really convenient , would like to buy it someday .

plenty of great items at the conbini. Recently seem to be having strange mixtures of things. Maybe we will see
      1. Spinach Coke
      2. Cheese and Apple Pie
      3. Coffee Bread
      4. Green Tea Cheese
      šŸ˜‰

1. NekoLover says:

Coffee Bread has already been made .

Lots “o” Coffee Bread in Malaysia ^_^

RT @Shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk26, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/WWs
    1) Sweet Potatoe Doughnuts Look really tempting. Would reall like to try. A lot of pre packaged desserts do seem to taste waxy, makes you feel like you have a ton of grease in your mouth. šŸ™
    2) Spinach dougnut balls, I bet POPEYE would like those šŸ™‚ Remember that cartoon? I buy the toasted coconut donut holes when I go to Walmart that’s my fave.
    3) Cheese chocolate, now that’s a new one to me, sounds tempting.
    4) Pocky, they’re always coming up with new flavors would definately give it a try.
    5)Gumbo, never had it before, don’t care for okra, to slimy.
    6) Kit Kats, now that’s what I could go for, They only sell the chocolate one here.
    7) Coffee in a bottle, have only had coffee in the can, got it at Disney World, want more.
    8)Suica, are they having a anniversery promo? How old is the company?
    Sorry for the long response, just had so many products to respond about. You mean it’s been 6 months already? Where does the time go?

Recently a number of companies are selling cheese chocolate. seems like a new trend.
      There are lots of coffee in a bottle drinks. Ill cover more on next conbini monday.
      I am going to write something about Suica shortly.
      6 months flew didnt it. imagine what the next 6 months is going to be like.
      thanks šŸ™‚

3. PammyCastro says:

Those sweet Doughnuts look delicious :P.

thankyou, …. and they were …. šŸ™‚

4. aivee.C says:

cheese choc looks yummy! cheese and choc are my fav = )
    i wonder how cheese and choc taste like when put together

5. Soul_Storm says:

Oh, I miss those stores. I wish I could find more Japanese food/snack items in my hometown.

6. knaire says:

Yaaa~ These snacks look really tempting * A * ~ It’s always a pleasure to see such interesting flavours, especially in Japan ā™„

7. Tristan says:

I miss Pocky…Im such a tourist!

Everyone likes a good Pocky!!!