Yokohama Picture Cards

Yokohama Playing Card set I bought a few weeks ago

Yokohama Playing Card set I bought a few weeks ago

A couple of weeks ago I went to Yokohama and took some photos of China Town, Yamashita Koen and Minato Mirai. When I was there, I found this great playing card set with sketch pictures of Yokohama. Forgot to show it at the time, so thought it would be good to load up today and let everyone see them.

Yokohama Story by Blueright Yokohama

Yokohama Story by Blueright Yokohama

View of Minato Mirai with Landmark Tower featured

View of Minato Mirai with Landmark Tower featured

Plenty of great pictures showing some of Yokohama's best scenery

Plenty of great pictures showing some of Yokohama's best scenery

There are a number of old buildings in Yokahama built in the shape of chess pieces. This is the Jack piece

This is the King piece

This is the King

The King building

My photo of the King building

The harbor is a great focal point of Yokohama. Boats of all different sizes to be seen. You can see the Queen building here as well

Here is my photo of the Queen

Here is my photo of the Queen

And the set wouldnt be complete without the Jokers

And the set wouldn't be complete without the Jokers

Have you ever visited Yokohama? Did you know about the buildings in the shape of Chess pieces? They are dotted around the city like being on a giant chess board.

If you visit Japan what are the 3 major cities you want to visit outside of central Tokyo?

11 thoughts on “Yokohama Picture Cards”

1. Chlose says:

かっこいい~~~ I want some of those, they look pretty nice

2. Neksus says:

Very beautiful cards.
    Playing poker wit them?

they are perfect for poker, yes. I haven’t won much money yet though 😉

1. Neksus says:

Learn some tricks and than go loot Danny’s daughters 😉 LOL
        I have a friend coming fom Tokyo the 4th of november and was thinking to ask for cards.

I guess she’ll take Doraemon ones 🙂

3. Irit says:

How lovely! I must ask – what does “Mazal” stand for? It just so happens that this is the Hebrew word for Luck. Funny coincidence.

Although I visited japan, Yokohama wasn’t on the itinerary, unfortunately. We went to Kyoto, Nara, Hakone, and Tokyo, as well as smaller cities, such as Yaotsu and Takayama. It was definitely the trip of a lifetime. Feel free to check out my photos of this wonderful trip: http://www.flickr.com/photos/irit/sets/72157600780449353/.

Good point. I hadn’t noticed the ‘mazal’ reference before. Not sure what it was doing on the top card. Like your photos from Japan trip. Nice colors 🙂 Thx for posting the link

RT @Shibuya246: Yokohama Picture Cards, Japan Travel | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/UJy
    What a great set of cards. I didn”t know about the buildings from around being made into chess pieces, but now I do. Thanks for the bit of history. First stop I would make would be there in Shibuya, then Kyoto,then Yokohama, to many others to name. Maybe you need to do a few hands of online poker,that’s something that’s really popular in the states.
    As Kenny Rogers sang, You Got To Know When to Holdem, when to Foldem and When to walk Away and When to Run. 🙂 That song came to mind when poker was mentioned.

5. Renechong says:

Yokohama is definitely a place I would like to visit
    I’ve always seen Yokohama in dramas and the scenery is indeed very beautiful

6. micky2be says:

Really nice playing cards. Do you think we can find the same for other city.

I will be on the look out for them, but haven’t seen anywhere else. This set will be in a giveaway contest coming up next month 🙂 Better make the clue something about Yokohama

7. HELLOSHEENA says: