Rilakkuma at KiddlyLand

Posing with Rilakkuma in front of Kiddlyand, Harajuku

Posing with Rilakkuma in front of Kiddlyand, Harajuku

Rilakkuma made an appearance at Kiddyland in Harajuku yesterday when I was out watching the Tokyo 2016 Olympic Parade.

I was lucky to be able to catch some shots and also have a sneaky peak to see what was inside the tagged suit.

Store attendants guide Rilakkuma down the backstreets towards the store

Store attendants guide Rilakkuma down the backstreets towards the store

I think that kid is trying to chase down Rilakkuma

I think that kid is trying to chase down Rilakkuma. Watch out Rila

Everybody crowds in to get photos of Rilakkuma. Popularity plus

Everybody crowds in to get photos of Rilakkuma. Popularity plus

A full size Rilakkuma. Not quite as tall as me. Guess I wouldnt get the job

A full size Rilakkuma. Not quite as tall as me. Guess I wouldnt get the job

Getting a bit cheeky here. Thinking about unzipping Rilakkuma and finding out what is inside

Do you have some photos with a Rilakkuma to share, or maybe some other life size stuffed toy?

Squishiee says:

i need to know where to get this costume
!!!!!!! PLEASE?~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kisaragi.Izumi says:

DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THAT COSTUME. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. HALLOWEEN.

HELLOSHEENA says:

He’s so cute! I do not have in my Hello Kitty/Anime collection yet.

Irit says:

I’m new to this wonderful blog, and seeing that full-size Rilakkuma just made me smile.

shibuya246 says:

Very pleased to have you here and look forward to all your comments. Rilakkuma is one of our favorites ^_^

The Envoy says:

Wild bear loose on the streets!

shibuya246 says:

Somebody catch that bear ^^

Raida23 says:

That’s cool, especially the little kid tryin to catch it. Oh, and this is my 1st comment here, so “nice to meet you”

^__^

shibuya246 says:

Thanks. Great to have you joining the shibuya246 community. Nice to meet you too. ^_^

whipcracker says:

RT @Shibuya246: Rilakkuma at KiddlyLand, Japan character goods | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/EYH
I think your just a little to big for the suit. And did you get to meet who is inside the costume? I don’t think your buddy would mind.
Btw, is that a Shakeys Pizza Parlor sign I see in the background? I miss that pizza place so much. That was the 1st place I remember going to growing up in Green Bay, Wi for pizza. I wonder if yours has the old time player piano in it like ours did. Great pizza,chicken and potatoe wedges, and Ice cold root beer. Have you ever been there? Could you get a few up close photos for me? Would be much appreciated.:)

shibuya246 says:

I didnt actually pull the zip down, and I think the head needs to come off first ;)

That was Shakeys in the background. I havent been down there for years. Forgot it still existed. Will try and check it out next time.

I am changing the size of the template so we can get some wider photos in the normal posts. Hopefully this will give you a chance to spot more background interesting images.

whipcracker says:

Great i really like to look for the “Not Seen By The Naked Eye” Some things just seem to stand out more than others. I’m looking forward to it.:)