Conbini Monday, Wk21

This week's conbini monday takes a look at Family Mart

This week's conbini monday takes a look at Family Mart

We are taking a look at Family Mart’s goodies this week for Conbini Monday. Each of the different convenience stores is tying hard to form its own brand image in customers minds, while at the same time they are all offering the same basic services.

Family Mart is starting to branch out into foreign label foods and Mujirishi goods. It looks a bit more upmarket than Lawson or 7 Eleven. Are they trying to be the Isetan of the convenience chains?

Quite a few foreign goods here. The 'Tim Tams' were just out of picture, sorry.

Quite a few foreign goods here. The chocolate 'Tim Tams' were just out of picture, sorry.

I think there are some Toblerone bars hiding up the top of the photo as well.

These look pretty tasty. Blueberry de kirara and Sudachi de Shakkkkkkkiriiiiiii ...

The Sudachi drink has black vinegar added as well, quite popular in the health range at the moment.

This range of drinks looks hot too. Notice the 新商品, new product sticker. These drinks are long gone!

Frozen grape fanta. Missed this one over the summer months

Frozen grape fanta. Missed this one over the summer months

The next round of new potato chips from Calbee, this week, fried chicken chips

The next round of new potato chips from Calbee, this week, fried chicken chips

The photos this week were taken in store with the iPhone. The quality of photos is not so good with the iPhone, but hopefully clear enough to see everything. Normally I take photos at home with my Canon Powershot G10.

Do you prefer seeing the shots in store, or laid out at home?

6 thoughts on “Conbini Monday, Wk21”

1. grey says:

I like seeing them in the store. Feels like I’m in the store myself. XD

However, seeing the stuff laid out at home will remind me of how I’d so diligently photographed almost all the snacks I’d bought while staying in Japan. 😛

Looking at the photos myself, I think also it is good to see them in natural setting. thanks

RT @Shibuya246: Conbini Monday, Wk21, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/Dx3
    I agree with grey, inside the store would be better. And maybe these suggestions: I know it’s probabaly harder with the cannon, but maybe shots of the conbini from when you walk in and from the front to the back with all the aisles being shown. They’re all different sizes right? depending upon location. Would like to see some of the workers, if they don’t mind their picture is taken.
    Sorry making this long, but just an over all view from inside.
    Did you have a good weekend?

thanks, Ill see what I can do. photos are basically not allowed instore so I have to go undercover with the iPhone. Front of store is good plan though. Aisles me be a bit more tricky. Lets see what happens next week 🙂

3. Azriel says:

Both, in store and at home as a final pic showing all the stuff once.
    About whipcracker’s opinion, it would be a good idea exept taking photos of the employees, at least in places not frequently visited… for obvious reasons :S

BTW, that Fanta looks a bit like tomato sauce ^_^;

Good thoughts. I will try and mix it up a bit next week. Maybe frozen tomato sauce as a drink would go down well?