Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Shibuya Nebuta Matsuri

This guy was getting some good coverage with his video camera
This guy was getting some good coverage with his video camera
The policeman looks on to make sure the crowd dont get to close
The policeman looks on to make sure the crowd dont get to close
The drummers put out a good beat for everyone to dance to
The drummers put out a good beat for everyone to dance to
Not the normal age group I am used to seeing for a Matsuri, but they showed a lot of energy
The float heads off down the Center-gai
The float heads off down the Center-gai
  1. \m/^。^\m/ says

pic 2 is my fav…beautiful float.

2. Clement says

Wow!! Great Photos, the color and contrast for the photos are superb. If you don’t mind, what are the average settings you used for these photos, because it seems like you didn’t use flash, and the photos aren’t grainy = low ISO?
    Anyhow, excellent job!! Keep it up!

1. shibuya246 says

I dont like flash very much so I bought a lens that can handle low light and still perform well.

Looking at the EXIF data, the average ISO is 1,250. f/4.8 is as low as the lens goes, but it holds up well. The lens is the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED AF-S Nikkor.

3. PammyCastro says

I’m using Pic #1 as my laptop background. It’s just too pretty. The colours are superb. Hope you don’t mind ^_^

1. shibuya246 says

No problem at all. I uploaded some larger size pictures to flickr if youo want to use them also.

4. whipcracker says

RT @Shibuya246: Shibuya Nebuta Matsuri, Japan Photo-Post | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/Ddp
    This is really a colorful matsuri. It looks like a lot of preparation and thought has gone into this one. All ages seem to participate and have fun doing it. Another great set of photos

1. shibuya246 says

Thanks 🙂

5. alafista says

Wow the colors of the float are really pretty, glad you caught it on camera.

1. shibuya246 says

Thanks. I like the bright colors that can be captured at night 🙂

6. Azriel says

Waa… If that big one appears suddenly in front of me, don’t know how i could react hahah…
    Good job taking pics over the folks head… that detail ruins most of my stuff at work :S

7. thetooth says

lol at the crappy point and shoot. all they need is manual exposer/IOS and an option to disable color correction and you mite actually get a descent shot.

anyway i get a Canon EOS 5D Mark II for my bday ^__^

1. shibuya246 says

Happy B’day and congrats on the MK II gift. Very nice. Time to start thinking about what lenses you are going to add to it. Look forward to seeing some photos.

8. NekoLover says

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L , The floats are colourful yet magical at the same time not only that , but its located in Shibuya .