Conbini Monday Wk20

Rilakkuma and Jiji are back in the action with a bumper conbini monday edition

Rilakkuma and Jiji are back in the action with a bumper conbini monday edition

Some sweet treats and a magazine to read from this monday’s edition. Looks like a gift has been scored from LOTTE Toppo as well.

This GIANT chocolate nuts ice cream wasn't as big as you might think, but the taste was spot on

A fantastic edition of TRENDY magazine from Nikkei BP. looking at the next megatrends in Japan

This new Toppo product from LOTTE was yummy. Its taste is caramel roll

This new Toppo product from LOTTE was yummy. Its taste is caramel roll

.. and thanks to the purchase of another pack of regular Toppo ....

.. and thanks to the purchase of another pack of regular Toppo ....

.. I was able to score this LED penlight

.. I was able to score this LED penlight

very cute

very cute

The LED light emits a secret message. Can you guess what it is? You can see the message on the Tokyo Live Blogging page at DannyChoo.com

What has everyone else been snacking out on at their local conbini today ?

6 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk20”

1. katiemuffett says:

that ice cream makes me want to go out and buy similar from tesco. why are there so many more tasty things in Japan? seems like anyway

2. Orchid64 says:

The Giant cone has been a long time favorite of mine in Japan. In fact, it was the only ice cream I liked from the local convenience store and still my first choice! And, you’re right that it really isn’t all that “Giant”, though it certainly is big enough to fill the hole in your sweet tooth!

I’ve seen those Toppo sticks around and been a bit circumspect about pretzels that are flavored like sweets, but your comment is encouraging!

Give the Caramel Roll ones a go. I couldnt stop eating mine and am holding myself back from getting another pack. πŸ˜‰

RT @Shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk20, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/Cgn
    To me the message that your light emits, means to me that every day is a Good Day, all depends on what you put into it.:)
    It looks like Rilakkuma and Jiji had a good time at the conbini, but you gotta watch them or they’ll buy out the whole conbini, lol^_^ Those ice cream cones have been around a long time, even here in the states. the ones over here have chocolate in the bottom of the cone, yum, yum πŸ™‚ Always nice to score freebies when you purcase things. So what are the new trends in the magazine covering? Although I’ve only had pocky, just the regular flacvors, would like to try the toppo.
    another great conbini article.
    Have a great week. πŸ™‚

“Every day is a good day”, is a good cultural translation of it. I will cover a few of the trend topics this week if I get chance. πŸ™‚

4. paiki says:

Seveleven was my best place for dinner while I was in Japan! Well, at last, the most economic with good food.

I found some people in my hostel that said that Combini food isn’t good for your health, but I just ate junks while living in Brazil, that those food taste like healthy food.