Conbini Monday Wk18

A fine selection of food to make me feel better

A fine selection of food to make me feel better

After getting a temperature of almost 39c, I decided to send Rilakkuma out to pick up some supplies. Since we have a Typhoon coming in as well, the local convenience store seemed the perfect place to visit, not too far and lots of choices.

Salmon Ochazuke

Salmon Ochazuke

Instructions on how to make the ochazuke

Instructions on how to make the Ochazuke

Rilakkuma testing the Ochazuke for me

Rilakkuma testing the Ochazuke for me

Umeboshi Onigiri

Umeboshi Onigiri

Hot Lemon with Vitamin C from Calpis

Hot Lemon with Vitamin C from Calpis

All good foods to help me recover from a bad throat.

8 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk18”

1. its great to get conbini monday on a sunday night…ah america

yes, its hard to decide whether to pitch the conbini monday to Japan or US time. I try to get it out after lunch in Japan where possible. πŸ™‚

2. Numer0bis says:

looks delicious. Especially the Ochazuke. What are those bean – like yellow things on top of the rice.

Those are γ‚γ‚‰γ‚Œ, arare、sort of like the stuff that osenbei is made of.

RT @Shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk18, Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/9zr
    You must have posted the conbini article after I went to bed, and that was at Midnight, central time.
    sorry to hear about the fever. In your other article, I had to look up the word febrill, never heard that word before. But it’s good that you have trusty Rilakkuma to help you out. πŸ™‚ Great stuff he picked out, just the right things to make you feel better. He’s truely a great friend. I know you”ll get much better with his help, Take care.
    Btw ken leewrites in his article http://tinyurl.com/mr73ww Kirin makes autumn flavored beer, wonder what that tastes like?

Those beers look really interesting, but I probably not in the ber drinking mood right now. Thanks for link. πŸ™‚ I didnt know what febrile was either, but figured from the Japanese that was me.

4. Kelbs says:

Ah – those are ochazukes…. i was wondering what those were. Im still learning hiragana here n there, and couldnt recognize the first character. Out of curiosity – do you mix the content of the package with hot tea? or just hot water?

5. erly says:

I have tried that brand of ochazuke in Seattle, they sell it at Uwajimaya. I like the umeboshi flavor!