Pocari Sweat

4 sizes of Pocari Sweat

4 sizes of Pocari Sweat

Most people know the Pocari Sweat drink from Otsuka Drink Co. One of the original sports drinks in Japan, it is still hugely popular today.

You can buy this drink in large 2 litre bottles, 900ml bottles, 350ml bottles, cans and probably many other sizes as well. I was surprised to see at the station though, this cute little 200ml bottle.

200 ml version of Pocari Sweat

200 ml version of Pocari Sweat

It only took me 3 gulps to finish this bottle off and wondered whether it was a popular version of Pocari Sweat? Anyone else seen or tried this?

Wonder what might be next, 100ml Pocari Sweat ?

Also, I just found out about this Facebook site for Pocari Sweat.

8 thoughts on “Pocari Sweat”

1. alafista says:

I’m not a big fan of pocari. Personally I prefer Calpis because it taste better.

i like calpis, and dakara and also amino value. there are plenty of good sports drinks here that dont have strange colors

RT @Shibuya246: Pocari Sweat | Japan Drinks | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/7VX That size is not very cost productive for adults, maybe for the kids. What is the price of that size? And if i was really thirsty, mine would probably be gone that quick also. A 100ml bottle wouldn’t make it in mho.

It was being sold at the station kiosk, so maybe the reasoning was people wanted a quick drink before getting on the train, but it was mighty small 😉

3. Koichi says:

I have a lot of happy memories that involve Pocari sweat (the happy memories aren’t of drinking it, persay, there are just plenty that go together). You’ve made me crave the sweat!

Tastes of food, memories of the drinks. Maybe time for another Japan visit?

4. Ayumiin says:

I’ve only had Pocari Sweat once and I loved how not sweet it was. It’s so yummy.