Conbini Monday Wk16

Rilakkuma and Jiji looking to score some Ginger Ale and Kit Kats. What do you feed your pets?

Summer is hot at the moment, and I had to decide whether to buy some drinks or ice-cream for this weeks Conbini Monday. Once I spotted the Diabolo Ginger Ale and then Pink Ginger Ale as well, it was an easy decision.

Pink Ginger Ale from Ito En with vitamin C.

Pink Ginger Ale from Ito En with vitamin C.

Diabolo Ginger from Kirin spiced with grapefruit

Diabolo Ginger from Kirin spiced with grapefruit

And what better to go with some cool Ginger Ale than a pack of sour orange tasting Kit Kats.

Bitter Orange Kit Kats. limited seasonal edition

Suppai (sour) Orange Kit Kats. limited seasonal edition

8 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk16”

1. T.aaron says:

Looks good! Is it the vitamin C that makes the Ginger Ale pink, or is it something else? I like Pink Lemonaide, and Ginger Ale, so consider me curious about Pink Ginger Ale. 😀

It may be. It has an apple vinegar added as well, which may help with the color?

2. Seika says:

Could it be Japanese red ginger ?
      Or that tasted totally different ?

2. Whipcracker says:

RT @Shibuya246: Conbini Monday Wk16 | Japan Conbini Monday | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/7Cw
    When I first saw the word Diablo on the ginger ale I thought it was going to be hot and spicy:( The grapefruit might give it an extra little sour tingle. And does the pink ginger ale taste like pink lemonade? Or is it just for color? How many more flavors can they come up with? I’ve checked with a few places around here and they said their distributors said it wouldn’t sell over here.
    Did Rilakkuma and Jiji have fun picking which ones they want?
    My girls Molly&Lucy,get their Kibbles-n-Bits, then for snacks they get rawhide chips and Beef basted bones.
    Another great conbini monday.
    Have a great week 🙂

Seems like the pink is mainly for color. It wasn’t my favorite tasting ginger ale, but it was ok. The product cycle for new drinks/foods seems to be getting shorter here with the convenience stores being the market testers.

If the products sells well it stays around, but if it fails then you don’t see it again 🙂

3. Lilian79 says:

Your picks look tasty (oishii…) as usual. Two questions came to my mind while reading this
    enty: who is Jiji (ok I know, the cute black cat, but could you tell me any more information about he/she?), and is recycling worth an entry maybe later?
    Have a nice day 🙂

Jiji is the cat from 魔女の宅急便 (Majo no Takkyubin) also called Kiki’s Delivery Service by Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki Hayao.

I think Jiji is male because at the end of the movie it looks like he meets another cat and they have a family.

I picked up this Jiji from a Royal Host restaurant for about $15.

I wrote a little bit about recycling a while ago here (http://shibuya246.com/2009/05/29/rubbish/), but it might be worth having a fresh look at it.

Thanks for the suggestion. If you want to know more about Jiji let me know.

Anyone who wants to buy a Jiji or Rilakkuma let me know also. I am working with a new webstore from netprice that will ship goods overseas.