I met with the team from Okaimono Japan the other day at the Advance Partners office (my company in Japan) in Shibuya. Okaimono Japan are part of the netprice organization which is one of the largest e-commerce sites in Japan.
The OkaimonoJapan site is based around a ‘gathering’ model. The site contents, goods, are open for 1 week at a time. During that period you can select what goods you want to buy. After the time period is up, the Okaimono guys work out how many people wanted the items and then buy them in bulk.
The more people who want to buy, the cheaper the price becomes. Each week new items get added to the site. The business has only just started and they are looking to relaunch the website, product list later this year when they will roll out their full global service. I will let you know when this starts.
I will be talking with some other managers from netprice about other business possibilities in the coming weeks.
Here are a number of sites operated by netprice.com. some of you may have heard of Tenso.com before.
- 株式会社デファクトスタンダード（オークション・買取事業）Auction Site
- 株式会社ショップエアライン（海外オークション事業）Overseas Auction Site
- 株式会社もしも（ドロップシッピング＆アフィリエイトサイト構築事業）Japan DropShipping Site
- 株式会社オークファン（オークション事業）Auction Site
- 株式会社エムシープラス（ネットアパレル事業）Net Fashion Site
- 株式会社シアン（化粧品の企画開発・販売）Cosmetics Site
- 株式会社転送コム（郵便物・宅配物の転送サービス事業）Tenso.com Shipping Site for overseas clients
If you want to hear more about the sites that netprice operates or its services, let me know in the comments and I will find out what is going on for you when I meet up with netprice next.