Chiba Monorail

The Chiba Urban Monorail

The Chiba Urban Monorail

I visited a friend in Chiba and got the chance to ride the Chiba monorail recently. There are a few monorails in Japan, some that run above the tracks and some that hang underneath them.

The carriages are painted with scenes of Chiba daily life. monkey police?

The carriages are painted with scenes of Chiba daily life. monkey police?

Chiba Urban Monorail ready to depart the station

Chiba Urban Monorail ready to depart the station

When you board the train you dont realize the carriage is hanging from the rails above. Once you leave the station the ground disappears below you and it is a bit unnerving.

The monorail hanging on to the tracks coming in to Chiba Station

The monorail hanging on to the tracks coming in to Chiba Station

Outside the main entrance to Chiba Station

Outside the main entrance to Chiba Station after getting off the Monorail

10 thoughts on “Chiba Monorail”

1. moichispa says:

that's so kawai

popular with the kids too.

RT @Shibuya246: Chiba Monorail | Japan | Shibuya246 http://bt.io/29Y It looks like an amusement park ride.
    Did you feel queesy riding it?lol It does look like a ride at a park, I wouldn't mind trying it. Chiba is where you went for that party with the council member and met with the mascot Cheeba Kun,wasn't it?
    I'm watching the American version of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. wish the Japanese versions could be shown over here,but as you know only a certain amount of different things can be shown over here, you know censors and such. So is the differences between our 2 nations.
    Have a great weekend.

It’s actually a really smooth ride. Yes, this is the same place I went to the party.

3. Shane says:

I love the monorail in Chiba – it is a bit like an amusement park ride!

I take it to Ippudo Ramen at least once a week and usually can’t stop myself from a stop at Mr. Donut in Chiba station on the way home.

the old Mr Donuts. yes, I did have to stop in and get a custard cream !

We all have to have our desert after our meal. lol 🙂 Haven’t seen a Mister Donuts in ageses. That was the first donut shop that opened up in my hometown of Green Bay,Wi,great variety 🙂