Nozoki cats?

Don't think they got an invite in store. Maybe they see something they want to buy

Looks like these cats in Kyoto are trying to get a peek inside the store. I wonder what they can see?

Taking in a view of the whole shop. If you are looking for cat products this store has it!

tryllid says:

I thought one of the eyes was supposed to be blank until your good luck came in then you would paint it in. Is this the same thing? Why are the eyes painted in?

Shibuya246 says:

It is normally the eye of the daruma that is painted. you paint one eye when you make the wish and fill the other one in if it comes true. Particularly used for politicians and also businessmen.

the cat with the raised paw is typically used to draw customers into a store.

Numer0bis says:

yeah as far as I know they are supposed to deliver good luck:D I love those cats, I just think that they are really cute :D

Shibuya246 says:

The ones with their paw up or the ones in bottom right of picture peering into store?

Numer0bis says:

exactly I meant those. That is what I was told from a chinese friend a couple of months ago.

whipcracker says:

I've seen those cats somewhere else, are those the Japanese Good Luck Cats? Those 2 sure look real enough.
Hope your having a great time, bring back souvineers…lol^_^.
Ja mata ne

Shibuya246 says:

i hope not outside your front door maybe?

whipcracker says:

Those 2 wouldn't stand a chance at my house. I have 2 Blue Healers, Lucy and Molly, and their barking alone would scare them away! lol Again as usual have fun,stay dry and am looking forward to moe Awesome photos:D
Later