Conbini Monday Wk9

Following up on last weeks look at Mitsuya Cider, I found a new Premium product from them which is selling in a limited quantity set. The drink’s unusual plum taste comes from being made of part domestic umeboshi.

Mitsuya Cider Premium

Mitsuya Cider Premium

Premium Limited product

Premium Limited product

Seems like Fanta might have taken a look at Mitsuya Cider’s sales numbers and decided they would get some mileage out of the word CIDER as well.

I have heard people refer to carbonated drinks as Sodas in the US, and as ‘pop’ in the UK, but I haven’t heard either place call them a Cider. I thought that was reserved for an Apple Cider product? Anyone have any more on this?

Fanta ZERO. Would this be called a CIDER in the US?

Fanta ZERO. Would this be called a CIDER in the US?

The Japanese side of the bottle サイダー

The Japanese side of the bottle サイダー

As always a mixture of products from the conbini on display for the week. Here are some deserts. These salt chocolate coated almonds were fantastic. The almond product from Meiji is not new but the added taste of salt really gave them a lift.

Delicious Almond in Salt Chocolate

Delicious Almond in Salt Chocolate

I actually ate the first pack I bought before taking a photograph and had to back to get some more. They were that good.

Mikan gelatin. Tonight's desert

Mikan gelatin. Tonight's desert

This yogurt and fruits combination also looked good. It will be difficult to decide which one to go with tonight.

Peach Peach Coco, Yoghurt and Fruits

Peach Peach Coco, Yogurt and Fruits

non fat fruits yogurt. Hope they left the taste in

non fat fruits yogurt. Hope they left the taste in

8 thoughts on “Conbini Monday Wk9”

1. Craig says:

I had my own little conbini monday when I hit one up today and found a mango milk tea made by Coca Cola…..check it out, it was pretty awesome! I was surprised, because Coca Cola doesn't seem to diversify its product lineup as much as the Japanese companies tend to do

1. Shibuya246 says:

Mango milk tea sounds good. I would be in for that 🙂

Ohayo gozaimasu,
    It's 10:00 a.m. here in Texas.
    I reaaly am envious of all the different products that can be found in Japanese conbinis. Yeah the term soda would be used over here. Seeing fanta is made by Coca cola the only time the word zero was used with Coke was when they introduced Coke Zero. All it had to do with was the calorie content without sacrificing the taste, no biggie to me. I'm more of a Mountain Dew drinker.But now only drink the store brands being on the limited budget. In Texas you'll find Dr. Pepper being more popular seeing they have a plant not far from here in Plano.
    I would really love to try all the different products that are sold there, especially those great looking salt chocolate covered almonds, I see you had to get another bag lol, they where that good eh?:)
    Sorry about the long reply, it's your article that help to keep going every day. I thank you.
    Ja mat ne 🙂

1. Shibuya246 says:

Glad you are enjoying the conbini monday series. Dr Pepper is hard to find here, but it is possible. If you get your hands on some salt coated chocolates, enjoy!! 🙂

3. Gweb says:

Everything looks tasty as usual!

4. Alpharalpha says:

Meiji Almonds are beyond description, have to force myself not to eat the entire package when i get them