Bicycle Snack

Ride your bike straight in and snack

Ride your bike straight in and snack

As well as being big on technology, Japan has many world class architects and designers. Some of the design work is for buildings and public spaces, whilst other work is items we might not even have thought about.

STORE MUU design studio based in Tokyo are a team of designers who have an interesting portfolio of works.

photo from Product Design Catalogue 2009

photo from Product Design Catalogue 2009

Their website contains more examples of their work.

Would you consider riding your bicycle to a roadside snack area?

13 thoughts on “Bicycle Snack”

What a cool concept for all the bike riders there are. Park your bike,eat lunch,catch up on e-mail great little meeting place. How convienient. If only cities over here had that product .
    2 more non realted comments:
    Did you go to CGM 5 and did you bring Rilakkuma with you?
    Also her in the states the second season of "I Survived A Japanese Game Show" starts. It's filmed at the TOHO Studios. Is that in Shibuya? You can check out abc. com for the details. Or you can check out youtube for more background.

1. Shibuya246 says:

Thx. Yes, I went to CGM Night 5, but Rilakkuma did not get an invite.

Ill check out youtube for the program. One of the main TOHO studios is near Seijo-Gakuen in Setagaya. here is a map of the area http://chizuz.com/map/map4641.html

They used to have a studio in Meguro, near Shibuya, that I visited years ago when involved with some TV dramas, but they sold the land to developers to make housing. I visited the Setagaya studio as well and got to see the original Godzilla set.

2. Shibuya246 says:

Thx. Yes, I went to CGM Night 5, but Rilakkuma did not get an invite.

3. Shibuya246 says:

Thx. Yes, I went to CGM Night 5, but Rilakkuma did not get an invite.

Glad you got to go to CGM,to bad Rilakkuma didn't get to go:( tears, Ibet if you ask Danny he'd surely he'd let Rilakkuma come along. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the link. The host of the show there in Japan has quite an acting background and martial arts degree, and he's also been in American Films. Also am jealous you got to see the original Godzilla movie set. do you think there will ever be another Godzilla film? That would be a must see!!
        Well gotta go the show comes on in 11/2 hrs, it's 6:30 central time here in my neck of the woods.
        Keep up the great work. say hi to Rilakkuma for me.:D
        Ja Mata Ne

2. Shane says:

Just one more reason to love biking around Japan I love it! Now I need to find one and grab a bento…

1. Shibuya246 says:

Thanks Shane. Biking can be fun in Japan even in the big city areas. This would definitely be a cool addition to the sidewalk area in the Ginza.

3. JIB kun says:

Really cool concept!
    Can't wait to see the first 'bicycle cafe & snacks' open in Tokyo. (o.<)/

1. Shibuya246 says:

Thanks JIB kun. Thats a good idea for the cafe name. I just found your site on facebook and joined as a friend. πŸ™‚

4. Pingback: mrdin.com