Rilakkuma at the Zoo

You might know Rilakkuma, but you have probably never seen him playing like this?

The monkey here was born at the zoo. The mother monkey would protect the child from danger, but didn’t take care of teaching it or generally taking care of it. The zoo staff took care of the monkey, but in the end Rilakkuma befriended the monkey and began acting as its friend? mother?

Ichikawa Zoo
Here is a link to the zoos homepage showing Rilakkuma in the photos with the monkey

and the main link to thezoo home page (Japanese language only)

The address for the zoo is 市川市大町284番地 Ichikawa-shi in Chiba-ken (close to the Chuo Racetrack). The phone number is 047-338-1960.

My Rilakkuma was not amused !

My Rilakkuma was not amused !

9 thoughts on “Rilakkuma at the Zoo”

1. Pingback: JapanSoc
  2. Ryan says:

And so it all turned out alright in the end..

1. Shibuya246 says:

Thanks to Rilakkuma B) Rilakkuma saves the day again !

1. Numer0bis says:

hihi looks like they are having a lot of fun :D. I want one Rilakkuma as well. Jlist had one I ordered it but they told me they were out of stock :/

1. Shibuya246 says:

maybe i can send you one. not sure what the shipping costs would be? If you are interested let me know. you can email me at blog@shibuya246.com if you want. I can buy any Rilakkuma goods and send them.

3. Norinaway says:

that is clearly a distressed monkey. Poor thing!

1. Shibuya246 says:

Bet he is glad to have found Rilakkuma 🙂

Ohayo gozaimasu,
    Here I come to save the day……. Old Mighty Mouse Cartoon line.:) I don't know who to feel more sorry for, Rilakkuma or the monkey. I can see why your's is not happy, being treated like that. Hopefully that Rilakkuma will help to nuture and make that monkey feel more at ease. He sure got dirty, being dragged around like that.
    Wish I had a Rilakkuma of my own, unfortunatllly not enough money…unemployed but life goes on.
    Great Job Rilakkuma!!! 🙂
    Till next time,
    Ja mata ne

1. Shibuya246 says:

needs a good bath I think B)