Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Shibuya Advertising, Okonomiyaki

16 1,071

img_2249-1Advertising outside Shibuya station. Guess what I am having for lunch after seeing this? What’s your favorite Japanese lunch? Let me know in the comments below and we can compare notes.

1. leeling says

my favourite japanese lunch.. haha..sandwich!! haha..:D

2. Brenden says

Definitely Okonomiyaki. A wonderful restaurant near school has the best Okonomiyaki special every wednesday…

Then again, it's possible I'm being influenced by the advertising :p

1. Shibuya246 says

This billboard ad really has a big influencing effect doesn't it. I felt happy eating my okonomiyaki after seeing it.

3. KItoramu says

Tried it last year at this restaurant. Love it! Some friends and I also made it by our self, which was also pretty nice ^^

1. Shibuya246 says

I am surprised it hasn't caught on more overseas. There are many different versions and types of it in Japan. Kansai in particular, has good variations. Thanks for dropping by. 🙂

4. Jerry says

I like udon noodles anytime, I like many other more traditional food.

1. Shibuya246 says

udon noodles good for lunch any day. Thanks:p

5. Father_Jack says

I'd have to say curry from CoCo Ichi. Or gyoza from Ohsho. Or MOS Burger… Dang. Now I'm all homesick for Kyoto.

6. Shibuya246 says

Yes, CoCo Ichi. Good pick. or a spicy MOS Burger. Time for you to get on a plane back to Kyoto 😉

7. Shibuya246 says

I like to buy a ham and cheese sandwich from Andersen bread shop at the bottom of Tokyu Dept, Shibuya station. Or a katsu-sand from Maisen. Their head store in Omotesando used to be a public bath B) (sento). Very tasty food.

8. Prometheus says

Yeah I am a huge Mochi Cheese Okonomiyaki fan. The okonomiyaki with the smiling face is really appetizing but the other one doesnt look to good to me…

1. Shibuya246 says

Yes, the raw egg might be tough to stomach, but the mayo on the left with the smiling face was marketing genius.

9. Tiffatron says

love love ♥ okonomiyaki!
    …and gyooza…and mos burger…. AND THOSE PORK CUTLET HORSERADDISH sandwiches you get at train stations and combini!! ♥

i also frequented yoshinoya – a local friend informed me it was more of a masculine 'truck drivery' kinda place to eat (i wondered why i didnt see too many young ladies in there ha ha…) but i didnt care it was very cheap and delicious!!

10. Shibuya246 says

okonomiyaki is a good meal anytime isn't it? Yoshinoya is cool also, particularly when you are on the run. The Yoshinoya clientele have changed quite a bit recently with more women prepared to stop in for a bite. 🙂

11. Shibuya246 says