Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Sakura Tea with Rilakkuma

9 2,223
Sakura Tea
Sakura Tea

Just came back from a 2 day trip to Sendai and brought back some Sakura tea with me. The Sakura leaves looked good in the cup and didn’t get in the way of me enjoying the Sakura taste. The tea actually tastes good but the drinking sensation is a bit glooey.

さくら茶
さくら茶

If you are looking for a change from regular Japanese Green Tea and have enjoyed the Sakura season then Sakura Tea could be just the thing for you.

Here is a close up of the Sakura leaves in the cup. I got the cup from the Rilakkuma store at Tokyo station. From the picture it looks like Rilakkuma is just about to help himself to a sip of my tea.
Sakura Tea

1. Billy says

This is the first time I've heard of sakura tea. I'm going to give it a shot. I wonder if I can just climb a tree here in Ikebukuro and give it a shake?

1. Shibuya246 says

I don't know about a tree, but Seibu Department store should have it for you. I'm just checking the net. Most of the English language sites seem to show a dried tea with mixture of grains and leaves. The tea I got was just leaves. It did actually look as if someone had climbed a tree and packaged it for me. Here is a site you can try (in Japanese) http://www.obubu.com/SHOP/105.html

My tea cost about 600 yen for the pack.

If there is interest I can write a bit more about the tea, making, history etc.

2. Shibuya246 says

Write your comment here…[polldaddy 1531385 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/1531385/ polldaddy]

3. Muza-chan says

Yes, Sakura Tea brings back some really good memories… Maybe I should write about that, someday. 🙂
    Anyway, I liked it a lot!

1. Shibuya246 says

Thanks Muza-chan. Nice to have good memories. It's strange how a smell or taste of food can bring back so many memories isn't it?

1. Muza-chan says

True! Sometimes, even the weather can stimulate the memory. 🙂

4. PeevishGuy says

I've never tried it but I've always wanted to taste it in desserts or candies!
    how did it feel when u've firsted tried it?!!

is it only sold in Sendai?!
    is it just Sakura petals added to tea leaves?!

1. Shibuya246 says

I think this is sold in other places as well. I am sure you can buy this in Kyoto. It tastes a bit glooey but otherwise ok. not something I would drink everyday.

5. Angelxz says

I’d try the Sakura tea. Would be a nice change up from green tea.